Main Menu

Well what do you all think of the movie descriptions?

Started by Thread Zero, 05 January, 2002, 05:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Newt

I don't think a tv series like outlined elsewhere would be seen just by 2000AD and Meg readers but could genuinely appeal to a wider audience. The Buffy film was total pants but the series is now one of the most succesful series in the world and you don't just get that from having an attractive lead.

Though animation would also be great - I do believe that the market is right for a tv series -and has the most potential to be commercially succesful.
Its just a pity I don't have a few million dollars lying around to get it started myself :(

paulvonscott

My idea for the start of a Dredd movie was always where there was someone who looked like Sylvester Stallone or a parody of him dressed as Judge Dredd filming a scene when the door bursts open.

Dredd (real one):  Sylvester 'The Clone' Stallone, you are charged with imersonating a Judge!

Stallone:  Uh, mhhhu?  Yuh gotta buh kidden?

Dredd:  That's five years for the crime and another five just for making me look bad.

Thread Zero

Aint that the truth!

Oh well me off now to do something with the rest of the day.

If I find anything else of interest about the movies, I'll paste em here.

scojo

Anemic_Newt

Who does that go to Rebellion? Lets see it going towards vreating an animated sereis or even better Judge Dredd Season 1 tv series

Thread Zero

That was one of my cryptic comments saying I had written a screenplay.

I loved the Batman cartoons that were on in the mid 90's. Really captured the look of Gotham and ole Batty.

They should have made the movies more in the style of that show.

I think Dredd done like that could work. Again though, the violence element may be a problem for a mainstream (that word again) animated tv show.

scojo

Mudcrab

Hmm, doesn't sound too great anymore. Anderson pregnant??? Surely she's be thrown out of the division for that??? Hershey in lurve with Dredd? Hmm, carries on well from the first film as someone said. Same actress? Mmm, pleeease! If Death is as good as the Angel Gang/Hammerstein were in the first film it should be good. Hmm, we'll just have to wait and see then.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

That's good to hear Jason. Marketing people eh? (Spit, ptinnng).
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!