Main Menu

What 2000AD one off collections reconmend

Started by IronGraham, 14 November, 2013, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

just wanted the recommendation of the hive mind for one off 2000AD collections as I'm going to TB and probally spend a bit at the 2000AD table
We're werewolves not swearwolves

radiator

IronGraham

is that D'Israli if yes then will definitely get

IronGraham

should add what i got

Halo Jones
Al Baby
Chopper
Taxidermist

radiator

Alan Moore Future Shocks
DR & Quinch
Button Man: Get Harry Ex
The Complete Bad Company
Glimmer Rats
Hewligans Haircut
Skizz
Xtnct

Ancient Otter

Fiends of the Eastern Front - the hardback collection with just the first story is great, the paperback version has the second story with it which isn't as good as the first, in my opinion.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

IronGraham

WhizzBang

IndigoPrime

I second Leviathan and Cradlegrave, especially the former, which remains on of the best things I've read in 2000 AD. Leatherjack was also very fine on a recent re-read when taken in during a single sitting, and Meltdown Man is suitably bonkers, if rather dated. I would add XTNCT, but I believe that's part of the upcoming 2000 AD Presents Sci-fi Thrillers, which will give you a bunch of other strips as well.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Blackhawk.

For the nostalgic rush.

And for the blessed decision that it would be Belardinelli who would finally show us what the INSIDE of a black hole star actually LOOKS like. Forever haunting. Forever silly. A total, total blast.

smilersaltash

My vote would be 'Missionary Man - Bad Moon Rising'  - probably the best character ever in the Megazine.
Beats me why there has never been further graphic novels featuring Cain.

Proteus4

I found leviathan disappointing considering how many people rate it so highly.

Button man is great, IMHO.

Dave.
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

radiator

Not strictly 2000ad per se, but I'd also recommend Scarlet Traces and Scarlet Traces: The Great Game. Also, Inj Culbard's At the Mountains of Madness.