Main Menu

MCM BIRMINGHAM COMIC CON & MEMORABILIA 23/24 NOV

Started by Recrewt, 15 November, 2013, 02:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

So, any midlands-based boarders thinking of going to this next weekend?  It's a bit unfortunate that its on the same weekend as ThoughtBubble.

Was thinking about going to this one myself but they have taken so long to actually tell folks what guests they have that I have now made other plans. 

Guest List is out now though - nothing too amazing but there are a few of the Red Dwarf cast and one or two others of interest:
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/birmingham/attractions/special-guests/

shaolin_monkey

I'm hoping to get there for Sunday, but am still looking at transport too and from.  Does anyone know how far it is from Birmingham New Street station?

Dunk!

You'll have to take a train from Birmingham New Street to Birmingham International (about 10mins) and then transverse the NEC.
"Trust we"

Recrewt

Yup, the NEC is on the outskirts of Birmingham.  New Street is in the center of Brum, International is the station at the NEC - they are about 10 mins apart on the train, so not too far but you certainly wouldn't walk it!

If you are coming by train though you should check as you might be able to get one train all the way to the International station. 

COMMANDO FORCES

Just letting you know, there will be lots of Judges at the con, with a large display including a Lawmaster, original uniform from the film and some other extras to spice up what will be on show and available for a wee bit of interaction ;)

shaolin_monkey

Thanks for the response re trains guys.  Looking at the stupid travel times and prices I've decided to drive instead, so....

Where can I park?  :D

Also:

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm just packing now and ref parking, seeing as I'm staying at the Premier Inn, I shall be parking there, so I'm no help  ;)

Bolt-01

Shaolin- the NEC does have pretty sizeable carparks, but you may well be paying a fair bit for the pleasure. Havbe a great weekend there chaps- those of us at Thought Bubble wish you well.

SKD

Hi Shaolin, as bolt says the NEC has plenty of parking, but last time I was there it was £10 for the day  :o Hoping to be there sunday myself with my mate and his kids, looking forward to seeing all the judges.

Stew.

Recrewt

Yeah, not surprisingly there is plenty of parking at the NEC.  Best bet would be to have a look on the website where they have a map of the place.  I think the con is in hall 9.

Dandontdare

so which judges are going to be at which con on which days? I'm going to TB with a friend for Saturday only an I've promised her judges!

COMMANDO FORCES

The majority will be at Brum but a few are going to be at Thought Bubble, probably 2012 versions but won't know until we all meet up in the hotel bar later.

Dr Feeley Good

Anyone going look out for the Rs prop guys, they have a display of there Star Wars costumes, they make some amazing Stormtrooper armour,taken from a mould of the original armour from a new hope...I'm getting a full snowtrooper costume from them.....

COMMANDO FORCES

Met a few of the Judges in the bar at the Premier Inn last night and talked about what is to come over the weekend. The display with the Lawmaster centrepiece looks stunning, from their descriptions.
Should be fun, especially as I have seen some names on the celebs list that I hope to arrest.

Dr Feeley Good