Main Menu

2000Ad on The Register

Started by Recrewt, 21 November, 2013, 01:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

I thought there was a thread somewhere for posting about 2000AD popping up in other news.  Couldn't find out though so started this.  I was having a lunchtime peruse of the Register, reading about the new Ipad Mini and this image was presented:

It came with the phrase "Keeping Thrill Suckers at bay - at any screen size".  Nice of el Reg to notice the real reason for the Ipad's success - digital thrillpower!

I also noticed the following sentence in the article "The new iPad Mini is a very nice mid-size tablet, but I honestly can't see a reason for Joe Soap to favour one over, say, the Nexus 7, or the Kindle Fire HD or HDX if you don't mind being tied to Amazon.".

Full article is here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/21/review_apple_ipad_mini_retina_display/

James Stacey

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Recrewt on 21 November, 2013, 01:37:49 PMI honestly can't see a reason for Joe Soap to favour one over, say, the Nexus 7, or the Kindle Fire HD or HDX
It's a fair point, if you ignore the device's performance, far superior app ecosystem, better aspect ratio for everything bar video, and build quality. (That said, I'd still prefer the larger model.)

Recrewt

Yup, I have experimented with the digital progs on a regular ipad and for me, I would like the screen to be a little bigger rather than smaller. 

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Recrewt on 21 November, 2013, 03:53:13 PM
Yup, I have experimented with the digital progs on a regular ipad and for me, I would like the screen to be a little bigger rather than smaller.

There are persistent rumors of a 12.9" iPad 'Pro', so you might get your wish...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

The (Retina) iPad's good for US comics and just about OK for UK ones. I can't imagine them on a smaller 4:3 screen, let alone the even smaller ones on 16:9 7-inch tablets.

As for a larger iPad, I'm not going to hold my breath. I just can't see the use-case for such a device. It'd also further fragment development, because it'd introduce another screen size. (If it stayed at 2048x1536, the dpi would be disappointingly low.)

Recrewt

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 November, 2013, 03:56:37 PM
Quote from: Recrewt on 21 November, 2013, 03:53:13 PM

There are persistent rumors of a 12.9" iPad 'Pro', so you might get your wish...

Cheers

Jim

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.  That would be fantastic!