Main Menu

Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor - 2013 Christmas Special

Started by Goaty, 26 November, 2013, 09:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggy

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 13 December, 2013, 11:55:57 AM
Did i not say I would reserve final judgement until I saw the episode? ;)

This is the Internet, we will have none of that sort of stuff here!

Goaty

Was watch The Wedding Of River Song, loved that episode, smart ending! One thing interesting about the episode is the quote in it;

"On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered."

And so tomorrow Xmas episode would be [spoiler]back at Trenzalore again?[/spoiler]

Ghost MacRoth

Well, it will be the fall of the 11th.  Or.....12th when you include Hurt I guess!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Goaty

Also some media sites mention that 11th Doctor realise he's 13th...

JamesC

Anyone have Moffat's number? I want to ring him and remind him that sometimes less is more.

Colin YNWA

Well that was... almost very good... almost... but there was so much that was terrible about it that to have achieved almost good is a minor miracle.

I mean the whole lets wrap up the Dalek invasion thing with explosions of regeneration power was pretty poor. All the breaking the fourth wall but not having the courage of your convictions. The continual mawkish self reference that's marred the 50th celebrations, Matt Smith in Adventures in time and space, Tom Baker in the last one, Karen Gillen in this really was grating. The whole, look at the Daleks they are terrible beasties... well except when knocking a few off cheaply serves the plot. All that and more I hated.

Yet I found myself engaged and entertained when I wasn't being urked.

Kinda hope for a complete break now. Leave all the plots that have been and a nice fresh start. Get Carla boxed off as quick as you like and lets start afresh huh.

Oh and stop cranking the bloody Angels in will you. They were once brilliant now the lack of logic in them is so far beyond breaking point they are just annoying...

Sigh. One day they'll be a special I wholeheartedly get behind... one day...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JamesC on 25 December, 2013, 08:34:07 PM
Anyone have Moffat's number? I want to ring him and remind him that sometimes less is more.

Oh and this.

BPP

You're all just grumpy because you got socks again for Xmas. I thought it was fab and terribly touching. Hurrah.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Legendary Shark

Very disappointing overall with occasional flashes of adequacy. Looking forward to seeing what Capaldi can do, though.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Only saw bits of it, was so loud in our house I switched off and grumbled by myself while flicking trough The Fictional Man.

TOO IPLAYER!!!!

dracula1

All in all an adequate sending off for Smith. I thought the regeneration dragged on abit and hoped for a different angle on it as it's got a bit formulaic the last couple of times. As mentioned its clean slate time
take the show in a totally different direction now.

CrazyFoxMachine

What a load of wank. The best bit was Capaldi at the end.

KIDNEYS

Daveycandlish

A good last line but the rest was (as, sadly, has been most of Smith's tenure) gubbins.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

IAMTHESYSTEM

The fact it needed a voiceover at one point to explain everything said it all. 

I guess it's always tricky with transitions but I doubt I'll watch it again. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla