Main Menu

Dreddhead Worldjudges - Hivemind Questions

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 06 November, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

I don't think there ever was one officially published. The whole world Judge thingy really needs reappraised, what's GRennie doing at the moment. He need but spend a few days and could probably give us a cohesive overview of the entire issue. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

CrazyFoxMachine

So... hmm - faced with a Spanish Judge character do I entirely make something up or just conveniently have a transfer from Ciudad Espana to the Meg...?

THIS KIND OF STUFF KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 April, 2015, 11:29:44 AM
So... hmm - faced with a Spanish Judge character do I entirely make something up or just conveniently have a transfer from Ciudad Espana to the Meg...?

THIS KIND OF STUFF KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT

Errmm, there were Luna-1 Judges Che and Chico, but I'm pretty sure they were Mexicans...

Then there was Judge Julio Hernandez, who definitely seems to be Spanish but was a Mega-City One Judge Tutor...

He looks awfully familiar, but I can't quite place him.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

CrazyFoxMachine

:lol:

Cheers for that Lobo - and yes now that you point it out... there is something about that hirsuite tutor that seems familiar.

Isn't it strange that given one of our most beloved creators is Spanish that no-one's ever gone full-in for having a gander down there...

ZenArcade

Let your imagination take wing CFM and design your own Spanish Judges. Or use it as the theme for one of your fantastic art competitions. Z

nb: sans national/linguistic stereotypes....pretty please.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: ZenArcade on 12 April, 2015, 11:20:14 AM

:O ...but that's the WHOLE basis of worldjudge design!

ZenArcade

Ah the much missed Ron Smith....ok just a wee bit then. Z

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ZenArcade on 12 April, 2015, 11:20:14 AM

But it makes total sense!

I detest the idea that everyone in Dreddworld operates a Judge system (Viking judges with horned helmets for Scandanavia and ridiculous fan-wank like that), but where you do have one, the Justice system is by nature going to be defiantly nationalistic. They want people to be in no doubt of exactly where they're from; hence the national animals as shoulder pads, flag colours inspiring the uniforms, etc. And the whole point of a street Judge is to be seen - prevention rather than cure, wherever possible - so it makes sense for them to have these gaudy, flamboyant uniforms.
@jamesfeistdraws