Main Menu

Nikolai Dante

Started by Matt, 09 January, 2002, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Just speculating on the future of said Russian rogue. Before Zsar Wars began its run, we were told that the series had a definite beginning, middle and end. I assumed that  Zsar Wars would be the final chapter in the series but it wasn't. So does the series still have a definite ending? Has this already been plotted out or has the strips popularity ensured that it will now run & run & run?

MATT

Mudcrab

I would have said that Tsar Wars was the middle, if there is one. Be interesting to see what happens now though.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Tu-plang

Simon Fraser once said a long time ago on his website:

"We are currently in the early stages of making a Dante epic tentatively titled 'The War'..."

I assume this became Tsar Wars.  Here's the next part of the quote...

"... and after 'The War' there will be no more Dante, ever."

So, maybe due to popularity, Morrison/Fraser extended the life of the character.  Whether this means Dante will run and run and run or will be rounded off later remains to be seen.

Tu-plang

This reminds me a little of when we were promised "no more Sinister Dexter... Honest!"

First we got Downlode Tales, and then (shock!) the return of Sin/Dex.

Mudcrab

lol. Well I for one was glad SD carried on. It's probably the funniest thing there is these days. Nothing like a big chunk of concentrated cheese!

Hopefully Dante will carry on too. As the man says "I'm... well, you know the rest ;-)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Trough

I'm led to believe that at some point Dante becomes the new Tsar/Emperor/whatever of Russia.

Dunno how far off this is, though.

Trough

Tu-plang

Well, that sounds spiffing.  Who told you that?  I could logically see this happening eventually.

Mudcrab

Yep, that seems logical. He's surely got a few things worth avenging. Plus he'll have to live happily ever after with Jena surely? :-)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!