Main Menu

App and shop issue/query/suggestion

Started by I, Cosh, 06 January, 2016, 11:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Morning all you happy webdudes. A few things to brighten up your January if you can help.

01. Happy New Year! Not sure if it's just a timing issue but the iOS app doesn't seem to have updated with 2016 yet. NB It has updated to add 2005/06 or whatever extra old years were added. So I can buy this week's Prog in the shop and download it but can't read it directly in the app.

02. Sorting in the webshop. I'm not sure if I ever thanked whoever it was who finally fixed the problem where the sort order reset to the default when you changed pages, so thanks. However... the way issues are currently sorted makes it very difficult to find anything other than the latest releases.

By default, issues are sorted by date. This appears to be the date they were added to the shop rather than publication date, so the front page looks like this:

If you then sort by title you get all the issues which are not available as physical back issues appearing first (or last, I suppose) making it difficult to find specific Progs. I reckon it would be a good idea to make "Digital" a suffix rather than a prefix so that it doesn't affect sorting. Imagine the trouble I'd have trying to buy Prog 1790 - 1795 for example.

03. Other really minor stuff that annoys me to an unnatural degree.
03.01 When I buy a Prog from the shop and go to download it, it seems to be completely arbitrary whether the .pdf or .cbz file is first. Presumably this is based on create/upload time rather than alphabetical. Not a big problem but I usually buy them randomly and download archive copies of a few at a time and expect the same format to be in the same place each time.
03.02 It causes me almost physical pain that the naming convention is different for the shop compared to the Rebellion portal (backups of Progs bought directly in the app.)

Thanks for your help. Have a nice day!
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Okay. It took me so long to post that that the first one has updated now. Fantastic service!
We never really die.

2000ADWebDroid

02. The first problem is also fixed now (actually a few weeks ago now) - sorting on the 2000 AD web shop by date is now by date of release, rather than when it was added to the store. Sorting by title hasn't changed, though hopefully the search feature can make this a little less painful.

03. BTW your 2000 AD shop purchases should also show-up on the Rebellion Account Portal site (and in the apps), not just your in-app purchases, assuming you login with the same email address and password, that is