Main Menu

Is this It For Ghostbusters Two....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 February, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: GordonR on 21 May, 2016, 05:35:59 AM
"All that ranting" as you describe ir, was you creepily telling us about your fairly repulsive fantasies of sexually harassing the female call centre worker that called you up about your credt card.

Why diid you feel you needed to share that with us?  How did you think that would that would make you appear to the rest of us?  Why do you think your post was deleted?

Actually, I just gave her my CC details so I could pay off some of my debt for this month & she kept chewing my ear off about the next time I would need to pay more of my debt for this fortnight coming up and just hung up.

Gee's, I was only thinking about asking if her panties are getting wet over my phone voice. She was harassing me, & I merely wanted to ask the harassment more worth while. Nobody puts up with that much abuse without good reason for it. So I hang up.

Incidently, I don't talk much at all, especially not as much as I write stuff and else. That's my outlet for venting.

Do you really need to add few layers of ominence to you anything you find in the slightest bit off colour in my commentary.

Hawkmumbler

So...that new Ghostbusters trailer looks pretty rad right?!

Well I like the look of it.

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 May, 2016, 06:33:10 AM
Gee's, I was only thinking about asking if her panties are getting wet over my phone voice. She was harassing me, & I merely wanted to ask the harassment more worth while.

This is why you are getting flak from people here. This is you telling us about you fantasising about sexual harassment of a person just doing their job.  Whatever goes on in your head is one thing, but it's not acceptable to be typing it into a public comics forum.

I completely understand you using this space to vent - I do it too, as do many here. But talking about other people in this way - using sexual imagery to demean them - is going too far.  It's just wrong, and it makes you seem like an unpleasant person, which I'm sure you're not. We all say and do shitty things, and we try to recognise that and do better in the future.

Tjm86

... and once more back to the film (or trailer). 

Okay so that is a better job to be sure.  Pacing, content, imagery.  I have to admit I'm more inclined to wait largely because the sort of humour that many of those involved in this tend towards just doesn't appeal to me. 

That said, my preference is for the original MASH and Monty Python so I guess that was pretty much inevitable.  Hey ho.

Trout

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 May, 2016, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 May, 2016, 05:00:17 PM
Or just pop him on your ignore list... I done it a while back and visits to the site improved tremendously.

And new visitors to the site? Possibly potential readers, or ones new to the prog, who are treated to TS's musings on strip clubs, prostitutes, and whether phone workers' panties are getting wet from talking to him?

I'm sorry, but this stuff just stinks up the forum.

Jim

While I'm back here, I'd like to endorse this view. The joke isn't funny any more. Either be respectful and demonstrate good values while talking mostly about comics, or find the appropriate part of the Internet to post your content.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Trout on 21 May, 2016, 06:02:50 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 May, 2016, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 May, 2016, 05:00:17 PM
Or just pop him on your ignore list... I done it a while back and visits to the site improved tremendously.

And new visitors to the site? Possibly potential readers, or ones new to the prog, who are treated to TS's musings on strip clubs, prostitutes, and whether phone workers' panties are getting wet from talking to him?

I'm sorry, but this stuff just stinks up the forum.

Jim

While I'm back here, I'd like to endorse this view. The joke isn't funny any more. Either be respectful and demonstrate good values while talking mostly about comics, or find the appropriate part of the Internet to post your content.

Look if your addressing about what ever I said earlier, please point it out exactly. As I said before anything I did shouldn't be treated that sensitively. That's just plain silly and as it was something posted possibly sometime last week & or deleted by the mods on under a different topic.

Shouldn't we just forget that.....

Moving Right Along!

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 May, 2016, 08:05:23 PMAs I said before anything I did shouldn't be treated that sensitively. That's just plain silly and as it was something posted possibly sometime last week & or deleted by the mods on under a different topic.

TS, I'd say your inability to take on board why you've offended a good few people here goes some way to explaining our exasperation.

It's not us being politically correct. That would be us telling you what to think without recourse to dialogue and debate. And people here do take great pains to explain why you've caused offense. To which you usually ramble on about it without showing any real understanding of what we've said or any social awareness of what you've said.

So, anyway. About this new GHOSTBUSTERS movie I won't be going to see . . .
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

James Dilworth

One of these looks like it was made with charm, wit and invention.

The other one looks like a cold, hard paycheck that some people turned up for.

JayzusB.Christ

To be honest, I can't really see a massive difference. Obviously he's CGI these days but it's not bad CGI at all.
Odd to think he wasn't called 'Slimer' till the cartoon came out. For a long time I knew him as 'the Ugly Little Spud'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: James Dilworth on 23 May, 2016, 12:35:48 AM

What I mean by fx that isn't nessesary!

BTW....what does that remind of from Slaine?

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, not going to lie I always thought the practical effects on Slimer where awful.

Radbacker

first one looks like movie FX the second one looks like something from The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, infact the whole movie seems to have TRG look and feel to it.
Ghostbusters is probably one of my favourite movies as a kid (along with Gremlins and I suppose Goonies too) and I'm not terribly offended by this reboot (oh wow they're whimmin!!!!), it may turn out great and really shine in its own way or just be a boring new take ala the Robocop and Total Recall remakes.  I'll read a couple of unbiased reviews before spending my $ just to make sure it's not a total turd of a movie.

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: James Dilworth on 23 May, 2016, 12:35:48 AM

Not that anybody here might agree. But I still spfx these days are a bit cold. Where's the old one is made from green puppetry, but very back in those days. I thought that and devil dogs (Gargoyles...Guardians...)were cool. I don't have problem with either, but the I guess the lack of love that went with easier option computer wizardry (More and more these days) reflects on how much your not really going to care those thing now.

TordelBack

I don't think CGI character work is necessarily easier to do well - it's just less constrained by physical limitations, and thus perhaps requires less fiddling, invention and compromise to realise a vision. And it sometimes seems that that process of negotiating with reality is what creates character. Also, something that is physical automatically has the edge in believability because it's already real: although as Phantom Menace puppet Yoda showed, sometimes the CGI version can be better.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 23 May, 2016, 12:31:06 PM
I don't think CGI character work is necessarily easier to do well - it's just less constrained by physical limitations....

Yeah, good point!

These new FX a lot like sailing a boat on rough seas without that anchor or floatation devices. (Physical limitations!)

(Just a comparison, not need to be confused by it though.)