Main Menu

Prog 1982 : The World's End

Started by Buttonman, 21 May, 2016, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 May, 2016, 11:47:52 PM
Quote from: Geoff on 25 May, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

Suggestion for the Slaine strip, maybe Ukko selling some tickets to the big fight, making snide comments and being clipped round the ear by Slaine might perk it up?

I must look back and find out what happened to him. Why does he keep getting separated from Slaine

Ukko owns a pub now.  The very one Slaine sets out from at the start of A Simple Killing. It's only been a few days.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 May, 2016, 12:20:30 PM
No one else gonna say congrats to Steve Austin on becoming a bona-fide droid?

He's worked his newly metal plated ass off to get to this point.

I'd love to see his work again soon!

Wasn't he the Bionic Man?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

So yeah, good Prog.

Great cover, can't go wrong with pants-free noseless alien babes really. Although once seen the Bradulliet can never be unseen.

Dredd continues to engage, can't see what the surprise is with Texas City being complete gits, they've been at best fairweather friends since day one. No help during the Apocalypse War or Necropolis etc etc. Be interesting to see Rico on the streets with his former Academy classmates though - pity he's not around.

Slaine was better again this week - gotta love those SBD half-dead.

Brink is still fascinating, slowly building a believable word and palpable sense of Lovecraftian dread. Great character work from INJC.

Time Twister
is good, solid story with terrific art.

Grey Area: I'd really like to see Our Heroes return to Earth and resume their duties after all this is resolved - I never really warmed to the series before the current arc, but I think I'd like another go.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 26 May, 2016, 11:23:49 AM
So yeah, good Prog.

Great cover, can't go wrong with pants-free noseless alien babes really. Although once seen the Bradulliet can never be unseen.

Slaine was better again this week - gotta love those SBD half-dead.

I was ask about what's going on with the female's pants in background and couldn't even zoom in there....& agreed that Simon Davis does great Half-Dead which are not to be confused with zombies or Ray Harryhausen's animated skeletons, but kind a mixture of both.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tordelback on 26 May, 2016, 10:35:44 AM
Ukko owns a pub now.  The very one Slaine sets out from at the start of A Simple Killing. It's only been a few days.

Unlike Dredd that progresses in real-time, the Millsverse works in it's own continuum where a single punch up can drag on and on for months. Wake me up when it's over.

I'm absolutely loving the current Dredd story and can't understand some of the criticism on here - it's gripping stuff! Can't wait for Hershey and Dredd to turn the tables on their "allies"

Brink and Grey Area are strips that don't blow me away, but I don't hate them. happy for them to be in the prog as they all have good points, but I wouldn't ever be likely to re-read them.

It's a bit perverse to complain that a time travel; story doesn't make a lot of sense, but this TimeTwister felt like a strip that had good intentions but didn't quite make it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 May, 2016, 12:07:27 PM
It's a bit perverse to complain that a time travel; story doesn't make a lot of sense, but this TimeTwister felt like a strip that had good intentions but didn't quite make it.

Is it not pretty straightforward (for these sorts of tales)?  Mobster on the lamb escapes into the past, gang bosses arrange all kind of Terminator-style hits which cancel each other out, mobster is blamed for massive violence and exiled back to where/when he came from, where gang bosses are waiting for him, suggesting that this may have been their plan all along.

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 May, 2016, 11:50:20 AM

I was ask about what's going on with the female's pants in background and couldn't even zoom in there...

Officer Resting Bitch Face has never worn anything on her lower half throughout the entire story, except for a tattoo and two convenient dangly loo-chain thingies. It's quite a good running gag.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tordelback on 26 May, 2016, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 May, 2016, 12:07:27 PM

Is it not pretty straightforward (for these sorts of tales)?  Mobster on the lamb escapes into the past, gang bosses arrange all kind of Terminator-style hits which cancel each other out, mobster is blamed for massive violence and exiled back to where/when he came from, where gang bosses are waiting for him, suggesting that this may have been their plan all along.

ah, that was the bit I didn't get

Verence

Presumably the guy that Hershey and the Texas City Chief Judge were talking to was the Chief Judge of Brit-Cit?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 26 May, 2016, 12:47:00 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 May, 2016, 11:50:20 AM

I was ask about what's going on with the female's pants in background and couldn't even zoom in there...

Officer Resting Bitch Face has never worn anything on her lower half throughout the entire story, except for a tattoo and two convenient dangly loo-chain thingies. It's quite a good running gag.

Reminds me of old Christos Achilleos. painting of Bodicca just wearing a metal chest piece with a fur cloak & a large round shield. With nothing else down below, except for that shield covering her lower legs. This featured on the cover of Heavy Metal magazine I own.

Since I first saw that picture, he's released the painting, adding this frilly white skirt, still very short. Incidently, she was covering herself with he hands that the top of the shield, but not by much and that kind  gives me some idea about a different reality of fashion that doesn't give a fuck about my reality & I like that!

I said something about this in the off topic section a few months ago.

DrJomster

Great prog!

Special shout outs for the Time Twister, PJ's art and basically everything else too.

Good work droids!  :thumbsup:
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Steven Austin

Bit of a delayed response so apologies - for some reason I couldn't post on this thread but I've been informed that I now can AND that I have my new creator stars!! We'll see once I post this.

I Just wanted to thank you all for the kind words on my debut in the prog with Timeless Assassin and hope I get the opportunity to bring you more.

Cheers!! :)