Main Menu

Prog 1996 - Fatherland

Started by I, Cosh, 27 August, 2016, 11:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

The familiar thump on the doorstep propelled me out of bed.

A mean and moody cover from Paul Davidson which my first, sleep-addled glance mistook for the return of Ian Gibson. Most of the stories are in mid-flow so it's all about where they're going.

This most excellent of Dredd stories continues apace as our hero once again outwits Justice Department's finest. With all the extra little bits being brought in I've no idea how this will be wrapped up in three short episodes. As some readers already commented about previous episodes, this is the best Carlos art for years as well.

More spectacular D'Israeli art in Scarlet Traces. This seems to have turned into a whistle-stop tour of Edginton's Venus without much plot to drive it but the stops along the way are interesting.

The unexpected and very welcome return of Jaegir gives us a quick recap and sets the scene for some very different adult-child relationships to come.

Scarlet Traces continues.

I'm a bit lost about who is controlling who in Anderson but it's been a strong story so far so I hope it can end well.
We never really die.

flip-r mk2

Denise gone and no prog in Bonnybridge :(

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Echidna

Quote from: Echidna on 20 August, 2016, 08:06:53 PM
Maybe's threat has me worried about [spoiler]Vienna[/spoiler]. Or... oh no! What if he's going after [spoiler]Walter[/spoiler]? :o

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 20 August, 2016, 09:26:04 PM
Or [spoiler]Mrs. Gunderson[/spoiler]. With Maybe, who knows.

Quote from: Beaker on 22 August, 2016, 09:34:09 PM
I do think PJ may be (see what I did there?) going after [spoiler]Vienna[/spoiler] though.

Quote from: Trout on 24 August, 2016, 02:07:17 AM
My expectation for next week is [spoiler]the Quite Nice Bar, and that means Walter and Mrs G[/spoiler].

Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 August, 2016, 06:15:06 PM
I get the sense that [spoiler]Vienna[/spoiler] could be next in Maybe's sights!

We were all [spoiler]right[/spoiler]! Yaaay!

Clever stuff - Wagner played us just like PJ played Dredd.

What's the consensus on spoiler tags round here, btw? Helpful or annoying? I seem to remember someone got pissed off because they read a spoiler in the spoiler forum when Dredd [spoiler]died[/spoiler].

hippynumber1

I say if you're reading the spoiler threads before you've read the prog/meg then youdeerve everything you get.

hippynumber1

And always proofread before posting!

Richard

Poor old Dredd. I will feel sorry for him if PJ wins this one.

IndigoPrime

Likewise. I hope his target survives, and that Wagner's comments about people behind annoyed are because a long-standing villain gets offed, finally.

Geoff

Surely that straightforward diversionary tactic wouldn't be enough to fool canny old Dredd...

I think at long last PJ's gonna get Got!But we'll see.

Enjoying the other strips too, especially Scarlet Traces.

Admit to being a bit confused by Anderson and finding the art makes the people look a bit dumpy.

Colin YNWA

Yeah Dredd is certainly cranking up the stakes in a fine Prog. PJ or Vienna seem the options now. Unless we're being feed diversionary tactics as well. Epic, edge of the seat stuff, can't wait to see how this one pans out.

Outlier ain't far behind, really enjoying this and have a feeling the human race ain't going to do to well, we'll see but its cracking stuff. As is Scarlet Traces, blinding, there should always be giant centipedes on any alien planet from the 50s, I'm pretty sure it was made a law Clement Attlee, for which we should all be grateful.

Anderson is working its way to any interesting conclusion, be fun to read this one back I suspect while Jaegir gives us a grimmy interesting set up. Lets see where this one goes shall we.

Either way appears 2000ad is going into Prog 2000 in good shape. Well done Tharg.

Eamonn Clarke

Sorry it's late, Mr Mainwaring. I had to see a man about a dog. Red sky at night, southers take fright and all that.

The Monarch

Please tell me pj smashes the lisping twat to bits please

IndigoPrime

The cover art reminds me of Ian Gibson.

James Stacey

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 August, 2016, 12:15:14 AM
I think it's the ankles :)

Trent

I hope PJ evades capture (as surely Dredd would execute him now given the chance) for the mostly selfish reason that Serial Serial and Ladykiller don't really have the pagecount for a new trade so a third tale would be necessary.
Then we can have a final PJ volume to complete his stories from the Mega Collection.
Otherwise loving Dredd and Anderson, looking forward to Prog 2000 and hoping for more Johnny Alpha before long.

Geoff

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 August, 2016, 12:15:14 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 August, 2016, 12:15:14 AM
I think it's the ankles :)

Yep the face and the bottom third of the legs!