Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Quote from: The Corinthian on 19 April, 2021, 01:37:23 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 13 April, 2021, 01:28:35 PM
Next three covers are up: Dominion, Savage and Jaegir:

I'm hopeful that the Tyranny Rex book will have Will Simpson's cover for the Best of 2000AD 109 on the front, for my money the single filthiest thing Tharg has ever published.

filthier than the purity brown one from about seven issues later?

The Corinthian

Max Headroom

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 14 April, 2021, 05:59:11 PM
As predicted upthread, Dominion contains the title story, Memories are Made of This and Torture Garden. No Deadworld stuff, but still lots of lovely Dark Judge horror.

The 2000ad Ultimate Collection wikipedia page has this edition featuring only the title story and they are usually quite accurate, so I just wondered whether the other two stories made it in? (That's not to doubt you in any way, Abelardsnazz!) Also, I don't remember 'Memories are Made of This' - could someone refresh my own memory?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Max Headroom on 28 April, 2021, 09:20:17 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 14 April, 2021, 05:59:11 PM
As predicted upthread, Dominion contains the title story, Memories are Made of This and Torture Garden. No Deadworld stuff, but still lots of lovely Dark Judge horror.

The 2000ad Ultimate Collection wikipedia page has this edition featuring only the title story and they are usually quite accurate, so I just wondered whether the other two stories made it in? (That's not to doubt you in any way, Abelardsnazz!) Also, I don't remember 'Memories are Made of This' - could someone refresh my own memory?

Wikipedia is incorrect, the other two stories are most definitely in there, it would be a slim volume if they weren't.

Memories Are Made of This, as someone has said over on the Barney thread, is a sort of bridging story between the Deadworld series and the Dark Judges' exploits on Dominion.

Bad Andy

Just received Red Seas II and Brink 1

XRayLexx

anyone else get 2 copies of volumes 103 and 105?
was there an issue with the original ones they sent out?

IndigoPrime

I had the same. They messed up some subscriptions by sending them twice, although I didn't get charged twice. I was informed that they can be returned for free to "FREEPOST HACHETTE PARTWORKS".

sintec

Anyone picked up the Jaegir volume yet?
What stories are we getting? Is it a complete run (to date)?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: sintec on 13 May, 2021, 08:27:17 AM

Jaegir contains:

Strigoi
Circe
Brothers in Arms
Tartarus
Warchild
Bonegrinder
Valkyrie

So yes that is everything to date.

The Corinthian

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 13 May, 2021, 08:58:14 AM

Jaegir contains:

Strigoi
Circe
Brothers in Arms
Tartarus
Warchild
Bonegrinder
Valkyrie

What about 'In the Realm of Pyrrhus'?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: The Corinthian on 13 May, 2021, 09:04:21 AM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 13 May, 2021, 08:58:14 AM

Jaegir contains:

Strigoi
Circe
Brothers in Arms
Tartarus
Warchild
Bonegrinder
Valkyrie

What about 'In the Realm of Pyrrhus'?

Oh yes, missed that, what looked like a strip page was a title page.

Tomwe

Dark Jimbo

Can't wait for this book, in all its sickly purple and green glory. Nu-Earth has never looked more like the chemical sink it should be.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Got my subscriber copies today. Jaegir all in one book is fantastic!

Also got the Full Tilt Boogie HC. Always surprised which Rebellion trades come in at this smaller size and which are more prog-sized. See: Recent Stront Starlord collection, Summer Magic, 13th Floor vs Misty, Button Man, aforementioned FTB.

Tomwe

Re: Savage Rise Like Lions. This covers books seven through nine, leaving ten and eleven uncollected, which seems a bit of a shame especially as its about half a book's worth of pages and so is likely to get skipped all together. That is, unless it gets twinned with something in the second extension. Savage, and Invasion, will then be the most spread out strip of the collection.