Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Quote from: AlexF on 11 November, 2022, 09:38:44 AM
Pat Mills DOES NOT LIKE IT when other writers use 'his' creations.*
Not that he has any problem with people reprinting Flesh Book 1, which he edited rather than wrote (although you can bet he edited it heavily), and Flesh II, which he had nothing to do with as far as I know?

*'His' in the sesne that he came up with/developed the ideas, not that he legally owns them (an entirely separate sore point)

I compare Pat Mills and Roger Waters a lot, in the sense that I really enjoy the stuff they've created in their careers, but they are both contrary so-and-so's about it all. Maybe that deserves another thread all of its own. Or not....

Tomwe

On the FB page someone mentioned an email about a price increase. This is not something I've gotten, has anyone else?

leethomson

Yes, the price is going up to £10.99 for the last two volumes: 139 and 140. Some of us are reading this (in conjunction with the changes to the title's details on the National Title File) as tacit confirmation that the series will be continuing, as it would be odd to increase the price for just two books (unless it's a line-wide change).

Tomwe

it's pretty amazing that it's stayed at this price point as long as it has.

IndigoPrime

Good grief: Stickleback vol. 2 went OOS with terrifying speed. Glad I ordered mine from FP at the same time as another book. (PF now also has 136–138 up for order. That's good to see. Weird how long they took to be put on the site though.)

XRayLexx

Quote from: leethomson on 17 November, 2022, 12:16:38 PM
Yes, the price is going up to £10.99 for the last two volumes: 139 and 140. Some of us are reading this (in conjunction with the changes to the title's details on the National Title File) as tacit confirmation that the series will be continuing, as it would be odd to increase the price for just two books (unless it's a line-wide change).

Just seen on the wiki pages it says 180 volumes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AD:_The_Ultimate_Collection

Is this confirmed? (hope not)

Tomwe

Whoever made the edit did not call out their source.

Link Prime

Max Headroom

Maybe with 'The Order' coming back in February next year for its final run we could have another Hachette book compiling all the outstanding material as part of the extension. I'm hoping!

XRayLexx

Man, hoping that was the end of it.
No more shelf space. Cost of Living Crisis.
Problem is I'm a completionist.
Arghhhh

IndigoPrime

National Title File = source of truth!

As for shelf space and cost of living, I hear that. But that's also why I quit at the last extension. Still, I'm selfishly glad it's continuing, because it might just mean a few more strips end up in there that I'd like to see collected in this format (like WOTW+Scarlet Traces, say, beyond the Dark Horse collections).

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Looking at this from another angle, it's interesting how sustainable this collection has been. I always felt a little short-changed by that initial 80 volumes (mad as that sounds), but then we got that first extension. Now two more. I get how that might annoy folks who just want it to end. But it also shows the strength in the series, in that it can continue on.

leethomson