Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

(From Facebook - sounds like initial 80 volumes will finish first!)
Hi Steven,

Subscribers will continue to be sent 2 issues every month, which means issues 80 & 81 will be sent out together.

As ever customers are free to cancel at any time and if you don't want to receive the continuation between 81 & 90 you are entitled to a refund of any issue so long as it is returned within 14 days. So if you just want to just keep issue 80 and get a refund for part 81 that is totally fine.

Hope this helps!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JaHawkDroid

I'd given up on the Mega Collection after issue 57, but now I'm feeling the need to pick it back up because, along with this, it's the closest I'll get to a complete history of 2000AD. Blimey this mag forces people (me) to do crazy things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fungus

I won't blindly subscribe to this (even more than Dredd, it's made for cherry-picking) but I don't think that makes me a 'grexnix'. There's terrible customer service right there.

;)

JaHawkDroid

I have the added bonus of starting reading 2000AD with the Dredd collection and never really expanding beyond what's been in the prog since then, so no matter what in the collection (apart from a few volumes of Stronty) it's impossible to be a double in my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomwe

News from Facebook
There will be no duplication of issues that appeared in Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection. Of course, 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection will include several Dredd tales, but there will be no overlap with the stories already published in the Mega Collection.

https://www.facebook.com/judgedreddcollection/posts/1920662961524836?comment_id=1920665544857911&reply_comment_id=1920677711523361&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Molch-R

Re: those of you who got the first test volumes - test subscribers will have their subscription reactivated automatically, so will not have to re-subscribe. Hachette will be sending out an email this Friday with details about subscriptions.

Tjm86

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 02 August, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
..... so no matter what in the collection (apart from a few volumes of Stronty) it's impossible to be a double in my collection

Meh!  You're not a real tooth fan until you have four different editions of the Apocalypse War and three of the Cursed Earth Saga!

JamesC

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 August, 2017, 12:34:19 PM
Re: those of you who got the first test volumes - test subscribers will have their subscription reactivated automatically, so will not have to re-subscribe. Hachette will be sending out an email this Friday with details about subscriptions.

Thanks for confirming.

IndigoPrime

QuoteThere will be no duplication of issues that appeared in Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection. Of course, 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection will include several Dredd tales, but there will be no overlap with the stories already published in the Mega Collection.
Oh, bloody hell.

It's like Rebellion and Hachette are chipping away at my resolve, the bastards. (I did in passing mention this collection to my wife last night. I got a 'look'. That might end up being my resolve. And, to be fair, this is my massively geeky wife who likes our telly room having hundreds of comic collections in it, including the Dredd one.)

Mardroid

I think I'll be cherry picking this. I'm very likely to get the first (Slaine the Horned God, wasn't it?) and I'm less likely to get the second since I have Halo Jones already. But then again this is a nice hard-back Halo Jones at the less than the price of some paperbacks...

Ooh, it's insidious isn't it? I'll likely avoid volumes of the earlier Strontium Dog stuff though as I have the S/D files, and the thickness of those off-sets the... lovely... hardback... editions.... gnnnn....

:lol:

I think the 'cherry picking' might be the ones I leave out, if I'm not careful!

I do want to complete the Mega-collectionh. I actually subscribed back in the day, but had to pause and buy individually when real world financial issues stepped in.

Steve Green

Will have to see.

Slaine? Already have a hardback, (to be honest would rather an oversized European-style version)
Strontium Dog - only if colour pages reinstated
Nemesis - have the hardback deviant edition and the trades, would be nice to have the colour spreads of the later books.
Halo Jones - will keep the titans with better repro

I'm more about shifting stuff to digital unless the repro is better, it's been a bit variable on the old stuff, and doesn't sound like it's the sort of project which would make re-scans viable.

JLC

Anyone know what the first one is going to be?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: JLC on 02 August, 2017, 09:08:04 PM
Anyone know what the first one is going to be?

I'd guess at Slaine: The Horned God, which was the first of the pilot issues. A good one to kick off with.

CalHab

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 02 August, 2017, 09:24:15 PM
I'd guess at Slaine: The Horned God, which was the first of the pilot issues. A good one to kick off with.

I suppose so, but surely most of the target audience owns it already?