Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 07 August, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
I'm having trouble getting my Hachette account to accept the subscriber number they have sent me.
Anyone else?

Didn't see that before my post. Glad it's not just me! Perhaps it's because subs haven't launched officially yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moldovangerbil

Same here.  I put it down to the fact that they'd got my details wrong, so I phoned them up to get them to correct them.  The line was terrible, but I *thought* they'd updated them.  However, when I tried just now to add my subscription I was still getting the same error.

JaHawkDroid

I sent the Ultimate Collection Facebook page a message last night about this; if they reply I'll update here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoPrime

For what it's worth, it took a while last time before the Hachette site recognised the Dredd ones. Also, if you find yourself on a 'late' run (since these things are dispatched at varying times of the month), that might be down to their policy of never charging twice in the same month. I successfully had that shifted with the Dredd collection, after written confirmation that I'd be happy to take two charges across a single 28-day period.

JaHawkDroid

Here's a higher res spine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IndigoPrime

Also, while I suspect this is wishful thinking, I do hope they release series in order for this – or at least a logical running order (so you could I suppose split classic and redux Sláine/Strontium Dog/etc.). With something like Nikolai Dante, it wouldn't be much fun to get book 5 or something before book 3. (I realise this is how many partworks happen, but it's user-hostile and unnecessary.)

moly

Might have to go for the premium collection to get the 6 figures

Eamonn Clarke

During the test run for this collection, you weren't charged and for security reasons we were not able to hold onto your payment details whether these were credit card details or direct debit details. This means that you will be charged via invoice, but to change this, all you have to do is to log in to your account or register at www.hachettepartworks.com/Account/Login, add your subscriber number and update your payment details.

We will send you another email shortly detailing how to do this, but if you have any questions please call our customer services on 03333001045 and they'll be happy to assist.

I guess we sit tight for another email?

Mattofthespurs

The subscription number we have been provided with is not a normal sub number and won't work.
I've been trying top update my payment details, and to change my sub to a premium sub, but there does not seem to be anywhere on the site I can do it.
I suspect I shall have to making a phone call shortly.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 07 August, 2017, 10:17:39 AM

We will send you another email shortly detailing how to do this, but if you have any questions please call our customer services on 03333001045 and they'll be happy to assist.

I guess we sit tight for another email?

I guess so. I'll give them a few days before ringing them. Might have to anyway as I want the premium sub.

moldovangerbil

What does the premium subscription give you as a bonus?

moly

James Stacey

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 07 August, 2017, 10:02:56 AM
Here's a higher res spine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Man that's some bootiful spine work.

geronimo

I assume the figurines will be the Doctor Who or Marvel sized, as per usual. Bloody expensive if they are, and no Slaine!!!! maybe there is more to come if the collection is extended.
Either way I'm a 50 year old who feels like a kid at Christmas again! Don't have any old progs or GN's, so look forward to getting back to the old thrill-power.

matty_ae

Quote from: geronimo on 07 August, 2017, 10:51:09 AM
Don't have any old progs or GN's, so look forward to getting back to the old thrill-power.

I think most of us envy your position as we weigh up whether to add another 80 books some of which will be duplicated content. I spent so long tracking down all the Dante books I'm not sure I can justify buying again. Love the Boo Cook art and free gifts. Bah 50/50