Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: robert_ellis on 22 August, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
A Grant Morrison strip you say? More than a one off? With stellar art?
It's BIG DAVE. I'll have a little word with Boo Cook tomorrow at Forbidden Planet. Let's have him tripping over Tyranny Rex's tail and punching Junker.
You off to FP then Rob? Awesome.
I was an avid reader during the Summer Offensive and enjoyed all the strips, including Big Dave.
Armoured Gideon would be a Guilty Pleasure request for me.

Tomwe

IndigoPrime

Quote from: karlos on 22 August, 2017, 06:04:39 PMApologies if this is a daft question: when people say The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha, are we talking the first story only or is the follow-up, The Dogs of War, included as well?
The page count would suggest everything that's currently been collected, which includes Dogs of War. (Thought: how the hell will they deal with Savage?)

QuoteAlso, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed on the Ult. Collection site it mentions Grant Morrison as one of the creators - but if we're not getting Zenith, what else did he do of any real length for 2000ad?
Two Future Shocks collections have been confirmed, which suggests the Alan Moore one and 'The best of Tharg's Future Shocks' might be transplanted across more or less as-is. The latter has some Morrison stuff (along with Gaiman and Milligan). Outside of that and stuff already confirmed for the JDMC, Morrison scripted Big Dave, Really & Truly, the odd bit of Tharg, and Zenith. I imagine the last of those would be ripe material for a 2KUC extension.

And if Meltdown Man is confirmed, that's 70 books pretty much certain, and ten left for Ace Trucking, Kingdom, Robo-Hunter, Stickleback, Zombo, and whatever else is going to be in there.

Tomwe

karlos

Thanks all for answering my questions!

(I'd forgotten Big Dave ever existed!  Will be interesting to see that getting the hc treatment!)

Timothy

I've just picked up my bargain copy of The Horned God, and can confirm that it is a v handsome volume.

karlos

In total agreement, Sir - it's gorgeous.

matty_ae

What's the fold-out poster?
In the trial it was this one

Timothy

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 22 August, 2017, 06:19:31 PM
Just got back from holiday to find my sub has been cancelled despite me updating my details like they asked.
Not a good start.
At this point, suffering with a chest infection, they can go fu*k themselves.
Pissed off.

Ok, got some antibiotics and have confirmed that they cancelled my original sub because I asked them to upgrade to a premium sub. When they do that they cancel your original number and replace the 1 on the end with a 2 instead apparently.
Would have been nice if they had told me that first.
Doesn't help that I have not had a welcome letter yet either.
Still, sorted now.

jabish

Just picked up the Horned God. Beautiful. I'm thinking about buying 4 more and passing them out to friends. Unbelievable at 2 quid. I'll be dipping but this and the mega collection are really great value for money. Tenner for a hardback of brilliant comics? Lucky us. Of course with 2000ad you could just keep going. I hope it extends and we get some great John Smith work.

What a start though.

moldovangerbil

Does anyone have any idea when the first subscription copies will be sent out?  My account shows they took a payment of £0 on the 18th August but it doesn't have any books registered against it.

Tomwe

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 23 August, 2017, 03:33:04 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the first subscription copies will be sent out?  My account shows they took a payment of £0 on the 18th August but it doesn't have any books registered against it.

This is what they had to say on the matter when asked last week:
QuoteThose who subscribed when the collection first launched, along with test subscribers, are first in line to receive your subscription issues. We will begin sending these out next week, and issue 1 goes on sale on Wednesday. Whilst we cannot guarantee that you will definitely receive your delivery before issue 1 appears on shelves, your delivery will contain both issue 1 and issue 2 along with your free mug, so you'll still be ahead of the curve!

I too had an entry on 18th, though mine was an actual amount. I have a feeling we won't be seeing any books listed on that subscriber page as this is how it's working over on Transformers as well. Shame as the JDMC one still lists the books and that seems to make more sense.
Were you a test subscriber? Nothing in the post today I'm sorry to say.

Lobo Baggins

I've just won a premium subscription to the Ultimate Collection on Facebook!

Holy Grud, there's tonnes of it!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

IndigoPrime

<gritted teeth>Congratulations, Mr Sharp</gritted teeth>

:D