Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

The spine numbers thing is partly marketing for sure. But I also prefer to receive different stories each month rather than, say, six months of Slaine or four months of Nikolai Dante.

It's too early to say for sure, but it also looks like (other than the first month) they will be pairing an older classic story with a more recent one. Stront and Shakara, Nemesis and Kingdom, etc.

marko10174

What was the date for the first sub date?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 02 September, 2017, 09:06:04 AM
Do the contents of Nemesis confirm we're getting the full saga?

We already know we're getting four volumes and it fits nicely within that - Vol.1 is books I-III plus assorted one-offs (the Kev O'Neill volume); vol.2 must be IV-VI (the Bryan Talbot volume), maybe with his Diceman issue as well? Say Torquemada the God and VII-IX in vol.3 (Hicklenton volume); and vol.4 a bit of a grab-bag of the rest - Bride of the Warlock, Shape of Things to Come, Hammer of Warlocks, Book X, Deadlock, etc  (Henry Flint volume). That's how I'd do it, anyway.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

As long as Bride is in the right place this time...

Magnetica

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 September, 2017, 03:45:18 PM
As long as Bride is in the right place this time...

I agree.

I read the Rebellion Nemesis vols 2 and 3 on my recent holiday. I can't understand why they put that at the end. It meant when you were reading the stories from the Prog that events were referred to that you hadn't seen yet e.g. [spoiler]Sister Stern's death.[/spoiler]

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 03 September, 2017, 03:28:52 PM
...and vol.4 a bit of a grab-bag of the rest - Bride of the Warlock, Shape of Things to Come, Hammer of Warlocks, Book X, Deadlock, etc  (Henry Flint volume). That's how I'd do it, anyway.

By which, of course, I mean the solo series rather than when he meets Nemesis - maybe Warlocks and Wizards if there's room, but Enigmass Variations? Waste of good paper.
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Headroom

I hope that 'The Tomb of Torquemada' from the Poster Prog makes it into the mix somewhere. Also wonder if the latest story - 'Tubular Hells' from prog 2000 - will feature to bring us completely up-to-date.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: oddballuk on 01 September, 2017, 08:50:46 PM
Hmm... this seems to suggest the pre-2000AD/Starlord stuff won't be collected.

Optimist in me hopes the reason is to give them more timr to work on the colour repro for the Starlord strips...
@jamesfeistdraws

Michael Knight

Alright Folks? Anyone know if 'Brigand Doom' or 'Vector 13' will be in this collection? 

Fungus

Quote from: Michael Knight on 03 September, 2017, 08:20:33 PM
Alright Folks? Anyone know if 'Brigand Doom' or 'Vector 13' will be in this collection?

Tharg is concentrating on the bigger name strips, so unlikely.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Magnetica on 03 September, 2017, 06:13:53 PM

I agree.

I read the Rebellion Nemesis vols 2 and 3 on my recent holiday. I can't understand why they put that at the end.

Erroneously lumped in as an extra despite being directly in continuity (and important), like the Corey story in Anderson. I did outline this to the editor at the time, and have flagged it with Matt this time, and so here's hoping. 

The Monarch

shame theres no red seas maybe in the inevitable extension

marko10174

I'd love to see a complete Finn, but I highly doubt it would ever happen.

Bolt-01

does anyone know if the 1st Shakara volume is a match for the Rebellion Trade?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 September, 2017, 01:29:48 PM
does anyone know if the 1st Shakara volume is a match for the Rebellion Trade?

Yep, same contents - Books I, II and III.
@jamesfeistdraws