Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

I'm really torn.

After saying I wouldn't buy the Horned God again, I did. Because it was only 2 quid.

Then I bought Halo Jones, because it's a classic, I haven't read it since it was published and it was only 6.99.

So starts the slippery slope. With the Dredd collection I found it easy to pick and choose. With this I suspect it will be much harder.

So I am resisting for now. And I need to finish off the half read and non yet started books I already have:

Nemesis. Done.
Zenith. Half way through phase 3
ABC Warriors Zolgan War. Need to read parts 3 and 4.
Flesh.
Dan Dare. Half way through vol 1.
Mega Collection: 3 Tour of Duty volumes, Shamballa.
Lawless.

Plus loads of IDW Dredd's in the backlog, and now a load of Dogbreaths and Zarjazs too.

It's not even the money, it's the time and the space.

Bolt-01

Beware- TPO is a real danger- pace yourself and remember to eat & drink occasionally.

Rara Avis

My delivery arrived today. Both covers are looking beautiful.

I haven't read Shakara before and I don't even know what it's about.

Exciting times ...

Also according to my delivery I have changed genders ..  I wasn't expecting that to happen .. ever .. hopefully my new gentalia will arrive with my next delivery ...  :lol:

davidbishop

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 September, 2017, 01:13:34 PM
Beware- TPO is a real danger- pace yourself and remember to eat & drink occasionally.

Also beware of TPO the book - The Forty Years hardback edition is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands!

The Monarch

no kidding i dropped it on my foot day i bought it....limped for days  :lol:

i was close to starting the dc volumes but sub exclusive books and 20 quid special editions soured me on that very fast.

has shakara appeared in shops yet my local still has halo

Tjm86

Smiths in Ponty had copies of Halo Jones and Shakara this afternoon.  Fairly prominently positioned to boot.

jannerboyuk

marko10174

Anyone gone premium? I'm looking forward to getting the first figurine (Nemesis) and I think I've worked it out that it should come in January/February? then August/September for Death, March 2018 Halo, October Rogue, May 2019 Dante and finally December 2019 Dredd.

bernardsfingers

Quote from: marko10174 on 29 September, 2017, 10:35:09 AM

Anyone gone premium? I'm looking forward to getting the first figurine (Nemesis) and I think I've worked it out that it should come in January/February? then August/September for Death, March 2018 Halo, October Rogue, May 2019 Dante and finally December 2019 Dredd.
Maybe +1 year to the years you've mentioned.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: marko10174 on 29 September, 2017, 10:35:09 AM

I've gone premium.
Not bothered when they arrive to be honest. But I'm like that. I don't even want to know what is coming in which issues.
Prefer to be surprised.

seanyc123

Just seen the latest ABC of 2000ad video, now I'm stuck with the quandary of just buying the £10.99 paperback of Shako from amazon or waiting to see if it winds up in the 2000ad mega collection. Woe is me, I own so much 2000ad already that I'm bound to get 20+ repeats already.

IndigoPrime

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 October, 2017, 01:14:08 PM
There's also the Extreme Edition version, for three quid: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/DD18
Which also has more pages too, though not more Shako.

Eotris

I have just finished reading Shakara (The Avenger) in issue 3, and it is my first experience of the character. I am a bit confused on the ending - it looks like there is an appearance of Cinnibar Brenneka (the 'blue' Shakara), but it seems very disjointed. Do I need to follow up by reading 'Shakara: The Destroyer' to understand it in the correct context?

Jade Falcon

I must admit to also feeling confused by the ending.  I get the fact that Shakara itself seemed to be gaining almost its own sentience which was unintended by its creators,

Okay, I'm going to sum up the first three volumes briefly.

Slaine, I only remember the early days in 2000ad and I wasn't a huge fan.  This one seems a bit better and I think I'll be able to follow it okay.  Semi enjoyable, perhaps moreso on a second read like some other books.

Halo Jones.  The first 'chapter' on the Hoop wasn't that great.  Some of the Hoop slang got a bit irritating at times and was overused.  One Halo left Earth it improved in my mind.  Good read overall though I can see where it is a sudden ending.

Shakara.....well this was a strange one.  Did I see a Dune reference at the slavers market where the ISS commander met his unfortunate fate?  Chaotic artwork that suits the setting.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov