Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabish

Cheers guys. The ro-busters hardback is on sale or do I search for a copy of the phone book version. Decisions decisions.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: jabish on 18 November, 2017, 09:51:25 AM
Cheers guys. The ro-busters hardback is on sale or do I search for a copy of the phone book version. Decisions decisions.

It's lovely to have everything under one cover, but the hardbacks are just gooooorgeous...
@jamesfeistdraws

Arkady

Quote from: A.Cow on 18 November, 2017, 06:22:33 AM
Quote from: Arkady on 17 November, 2017, 10:52:15 PM
Ah, thanks. I didn't realise Ro-Busters originated in Statlord!

I think you're getting confused.  Statlord was the comic with numerically-themed strips, like Fiends of the Upper Percentile and Anderson: Phi Coefficient.

Do you mean Stairlord?  Y'know, the one which featured Stannah & Her Amazing Floating Chair and The ABC Bannisters?

OK, I asked for that.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: jabish on 18 November, 2017, 09:51:25 AMCheers guys. The ro-busters hardback is on sale or do I search for a copy of the phone book version. Decisions decisions.
The phone book I have is on crap paper. The hardbacks have colour spreads and much better production values. At the moment, you can get the phonebook second-hand for about the price of one of the hardbacks. Personally, I'd rather have the hardbacks. (Note that if you want to save a few quid, Wordery currently has the second one at a low price, too.)

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 November, 2017, 08:25:22 AM
From memory there were 2 floppies worth of material- so approx 110 pages. I'd have to dig 'em out to check what issues of the Meg they were with, though.

So last post in this thread on this topic, is there any legit way of getting the rest as Back in Action ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger?  As a further question, It seem to be true in Rogue Trooper we won't get the Dogs Trooper Intergalactic Hitman stuff that was a bit...off. However I liked the darker Rogue we got in the Realpolitik trade, will we get any of that?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Bolt-01

okay- so to get the two volumes you want Megs 380 & 381

Both available in the 2000 AD meg shop: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/megazines/2017/MEG380P

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 November, 2017, 10:51:02 AM
okay- so to get the two volumes you want Megs 380 & 381

Both available in the 2000 AD meg shop: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/megazines/2017/MEG380P

Cheers.

I wonder how Are Trucking will look after all these years, certainly Bellardinellis art will be as mind bending as ever, having already sampled that in Meltdown Man.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tjm86

... or you could see if any boarders happen to have them spare and free to a good home (postage only) ... hint, hint.

Richard

Tjm86

He did.  Now they're just gathering dust.

Tomwe

They give and they taketh away:
QuoteDon't miss our Black Friday sale this weekend with up to 50% off selected products! From Marvel graphic novels to relaxing Art therapy, buy someone the perfect gift, or treat yourself this Black Friday weekend.

Visit www.hachettepartworks.com to bag yourself a bargain!
50% off all titles excluding 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection, Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection and all licensed products published after 24 May 2017.

Dark Jimbo

Well, here's what everyone is going to want to know about Strontium Dog vol 1 - there are [spoiler]no[/spoiler] colour centre spreads. Otherwise, though, it's the usual bang-up excellent repro job. Some of the strips look loads better than in my phonebooks.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

What's in it. The only phone book I have is the one with Portrait of a Mutant in it.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 21 November, 2017, 03:28:15 PM
What's in it. The only phone book I have is the one with Portrait of a Mutant in it.

Galaxy Killers through to Doc Quince Case, plus the customary essay and a few full-page colour covers.
@jamesfeistdraws

Geoff

Just finished the 'Kingdom' volume which I'd never read before - absolutely loved it!

The most involving and enjoyable 'new' strip I've ever read in the prog I think. By new I mean, post Harry 20, Skizz, Zenith Bad Company etc..

I went away from the prog for a while around the 1000s and came back again a few years ago so I caught the final 2 chapters of Kingdom.  Didn't really get into it then, but having read from the start I now can't wait for the next volumes and reading the last 2 chapters again.