Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I don't see the download option on the website any more? Is there a limit of 5 downloads and I have to stream the rest?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SpaceSpinner2000

Not that I'm aware of, but I might not have it turned on for every episode. I will correct this in the next few hours hopefully!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

All episodes should now be downloadable from the website! Let me know if something isn't working.
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

FoxIsntARobot

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 04 July, 2017, 05:47:55 PM
Incidentally, some of the characters under the bridge in Captain Klep include -

Standing behind Klep in the first panel is our old pal, Rick Random.

The long haired guy using the football as a pillow is Roy Race from Roy of the Rovers, a football comic.

The guy under the comics asking about Plumduff is Jet-Ace Logan, his sidekick went by the name of Plumduff Chateris.

Spaceman First Class Albert Fitzwilliam Digby, batman to Dan Dare from The Eagle.

The disembodied metal hand is Louis Crandell, The Steel Claw (he's invisible).

The guy talking about the all-powerful eye is Tim Kelly from Kelly's Eye.

The squaddy looking for his guv'nor is Maggots Malone, batman to Captain Hurricane.

The bloke with the cigar and the hat is Major Eazy, an extremely laid back Carlos Ezquerra character from Battle.

Captain Hurricane was a British Commando and homicidal maniac originally from Valiant, but he was the Tharg-style editor of Battle at the time of this strip.

The robot with ARC on its chest is Robot Archie, you may remember him from the first Tharg's Future Shock (he was originally from Lion).

I don't know who the stripy thing in front of Rick Random is, or the bloke in the second to last panel who's 'finally going to die' is though.

Whoa.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-sixth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 150-153 of 2000 AD, covering February of 1980. Join us as we travel to the future to fight robots and aliens, to the past to fight alongside vampires and hang out with dinosaurs, fight the evil Judge Death, and DRINK THE BLOOD OF SATANUS! Also Conrad quotes classic poetry, or at least a version of classic poetry as performed on a popular 1990s sitcom.

Also I forgot to mention on the show but shout out to Judge Anon and their excellent series of articles about female judges in Judge Dredd, which I've shamelessly mined for jokes!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 05 July, 2017, 04:06:10 AM
All episodes should now be downloadable from the website! Let me know if something isn't working.

Thanks. Just downloaded another three.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

shaolin_monkey

I absolutely love your take on the British stuff!  Your comments about Patrick Moore had me laughing out loud in the street as I listened on my walk home from work. 'He's been presenting how long??  That's like, a thousand years!!'   Hahahahaha!!!

Steve Green

And that was before he became a cyborg in Gamesmaster.

AlexF

I'm a little behind and just finished listening to the Spinnies awards show for 1979. I think you're going to need some new categories going forward, becasue 'best art: Carlos Ezquerra' and 'best writing, Pat Mills tied with John Wagner' is going to be the result for, ooh, the next 40 years-worth of awards episodes...

Not to say that the other writers and artist on 2000AD aren't great, too, but man, those three dudes are SOOOO good, and so consistently thrilling, too! (YMMV on 1990s-era Pat Mills, but to you doubters, I say re-read and marvel at how much better it is than you might remember).

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: AlexF on 07 July, 2017, 12:11:16 PM
I'm a little behind and just finished listening to the Spinnies awards show for 1979. I think you're going to need some new categories going forward, becasue 'best art: Carlos Ezquerra' and 'best writing, Pat Mills tied with John Wagner' is going to be the result for, ooh, the next 40 years-worth of awards episodes...

Not to say that the other writers and artist on 2000AD aren't great, too, but man, those three dudes are SOOOO good, and so consistently thrilling, too! (YMMV on 1990s-era Pat Mills, but to you doubters, I say re-read and marvel at how much better it is than you might remember).

That's why I have runners up for my awards, so that I can talk about the same couple guys! :D

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-seventh episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 154-158 of 2000 AD, covering March of 1980. Join us as we head out with Judge Dredd as he begins his quest to find the Judge Child, the there is political intrigue with the Robo-Hunter, and the hosts once again side with monsters against humanity at large in Fiends of the Eastern Front!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

The Monarch

and now we got the judge child quest ah good times

JLC

sorry, found this podcast unlistenable.

Steve Green

LOL, each to their own - I love it.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-eighth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 159-162 of 2000 AD, covering April of 1980. Join us as we say goodbye to Captain Klep and the Fiends of the Eastern Front, and hello to returning thrills MACH Zero and Wolfie Smith. We'll also head off into deep space with both the VCs AND Judge Dredd! Also, this episode contains an easter egg for next episode, can you spot it?

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher