Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Ron was just talented, reaching a point where he could bypass the pencil stage and go straight for the inks – brush to page.

Dandontdare

ah of course, I have heard that story - I assumed it referred to something he'd drawn and was racking my brains for a Dredd story that featured a clock!

sheridan

Has he made any appearances since Free Comic Book Day 2012 (which I couldn't attend?)

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling one hundreth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 321-324 of 2000AD, covering June and July of 1983. Join us as Sam Slade goes full ghost, Skizz goes full caper, Dredd goes full werewolf, and we go full bore because it's the 100th episode!!! Conrad has had too much to drink in celebration, will he survive to the end of the episode!?

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Thanks to everyone here for your support as we reach this milestone! Here's to many hundreds more episodes!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Eamonn Clarke

Congratulations on 100 episodes, guys!

Stay tuned till June with is Spacespinner 2000 month on Mega City Book Club.

The Monarch

congrats on the first hundred lot of good stuff for the next 100 then....well...err :o

The Legendary Shark

Congratulations on and thanks for your first century of excellent podcasts. Zarjaz!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eamonn Clarke

Congrats again to Conrad for making it to the end of the episode.  :lol:

And I was wrong, July is Space Spinner month in the book club.

FoxIsntARobot

"For the record" is maybe the phrase of the show.

WhizzBang

Good work lads! This is a really special podcast.

I think it is right that the Robo Hunter chair thing is having a laugh at British apathy, unfriendliness, and inertia while also managing to squeeze in a distaste for seeing people enjoying themselves in public. These character traits are probably more pronounced in the south of England than in the North or Scotland.

Sherbert came up during this episode and Conrad described it as being something like toothpaste. It is actually a powder - indistinguishable from icing sugar to look at or touch but it tastes sweeter, sharper and fizzier than sugar. You eat it by dipping either liquorice (yuck), a lolly pop, or your finger into it.

Thanks for the heads up about Where Eagles Dare. Listening to them discuss Doomlord made me realise I need a Doomlord collection but have found none exists which is a shame.

Steve Green

In a wonderful bit of coincidence one of my art entries, Tharg the ZX Spectrum appeared in this batch of progs.

Yeah, London has a reputation for people being unfriendly, not talking/making eye contact on the tube etc.

I was surprised Sherbert isn't a thing in the US. I guess the closest analogy is a milder version of space dust, no popping - it's sort of like lemon flavoured bicarbonate of soda, so if you stuck a load in your mouth it would foam/fizz up.

JOE SOAP

Sherbet is like Cocaine.

Colin YNWA

Though never EVER snort it. Please God don't snort it.

JOE SOAP

It had to done, at least once.

Colin YNWA

Oh yeah sure you start on the Sherbat but then you move to the hard stuff.

I mean have you ever tried to snort a Fox's Glacier Mint?