Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 July, 2020, 11:34:19 AM
Quote from: Rately on 29 July, 2020, 10:43:27 AM
From the article, and all this talk of computer generated sets, and having seen a few bits and pieces of The Mandalorian, does this make it cheaper and more cost effective to make a show? Does that make it more likely that they could budget a pilot for selling to a Netflix, Amazon etc.?
That would certainly be a great way of making the show, but according to rumour The Mandalorian was about $15 million per episode! They used Unreal Engine I think for the virtual sets so maybe Rebellion's video game knowledge would be helpful here.
Jesus, $15 mil? That's hard to believe -- it looked good but not 15$ mil/episode good.

rogue69

It looks like Karl Urban is still onboard for a Dredd return

www.comicbookmovie.com/judge_dredd/dredd-star-karl-urban-hopes-to-return-as-judge-dredd-in-planned-mega-city-one-live-action-series-a177663#gs.ddmwk6

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: rogue69 on 20 August, 2020, 07:18:11 AM

www.comicbookmovie.com/judge_dredd/dredd-star-karl-urban-hopes-to-return-as-judge-dredd-in-planned-mega-city-one-live-action-series-a177663#gs.ddmwk6

That's good news, and it seems things are progressing towards a possible green light for shooting to begin. The film variety, I mean, rather than Dreddy Hi-Ex-ing everyone in sight! Will they have the Mean Machine as a comedy relief character or more of a returning threat to the street Judges of Mega-City One?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

DrJomster

That's excellent news. A nicely positive article too. Thanks for sharing!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Richard

I hope they don't have Mean Machine until the second season, because he was in the 1995 film, and the tv series needs to be as different to that as possible.

Rately

Would be fantastic if they could get Karl Urban onboard for the series. As he says, there is so much good stuff they could mine from the comics, and there are countless possibilities with the technology we are seeing being created to bring some of the Mega-epics to life, on a smaller budget.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rately on 20 August, 2020, 01:49:39 PM
there are countless possibilities with the technology we are seeing being created to bring some of the Mega-epics to life, on a smaller budget.

I want The Cursed Earth, shot entirely in a quarry in a Wales with model work for the Killdozer sequences using the original Matchbox toys.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

Quote from: rogue69 on 20 August, 2020, 07:18:11 AM

Fantastic news! And on my birthday no less.

Rately

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 August, 2020, 01:53:58 PM
there are countless possibilities with the technology we are seeing being created to bring some of the Mega-epics to life, on a smaller budget.

I want The Cursed Earth, shot entirely in a quarry in a Wales with model work for the Killdozer sequences using the original Matchbox toys.

:lol:

I can actually imagine a Cursed Earth populated by Welsh people.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 August, 2020, 01:53:58 PM

Obviously with a man just off camera throwing stones and rats at Karl.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Latest rumour: adaptation of pre-existing story from the comic (which would seem to fly in the face of the early concepts we were told about - but a lot can change in a year or two).

Art

Like with the lime street thing it seems like that site just makes shit up for clicks.

sheridan

confirmed! (that it's a made-up rumour with no basis in reality)

Quote from: JasonKingsleyJason Kingsley
2 h  ·
It's a good lesson to remind onself that quite a lot of stuff on here and on YouTube is utter tripe and made up garbage. I know this because there's a series of rumours going around about one of the projects I'm producing, Judge Dredd: Mega City One and which story line we're using.

Who knows where this rumour has come from but it's utter boll*cks. I know this because I know what's in the script, (and no I'm not going to tell you what is), but it's not what they're saying, not even close, not even vaguely. Two facts, it's got Judge Dredd in and it's set in Mega City One.

judgeurko

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: judgeurko on 28 March, 2021, 03:11:13 PM
Any update? This is getting silly now.

Of course it's not. These things take as long as they take, and can move absolutely glacially right up to the point where they don't. The lack of any reports means there's nothing to report. Doesn't mean nothing's happening, it just means there's nothing happening that can be reported. It might mean nothing's happening at the moment, or it might mean lots of stuff is happening but until [Person X] has their meeting with [Person Y] to get sign-off on something, it can't be announced.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.