Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Quote from: NapalmKev on 10 May, 2017, 07:37:14 PM
*if you need a mutant, here I am! I'm from the West Country so I should qualify  ;)

And I'm from Sheffield. They shot Threads here for a reason, y'know...  ;)

Mute77

Finally! I dont mind who plays dredd as long as its done well. Of course karl urban would be preferable!  Exciting stuff!

marko10174

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 10 May, 2017, 07:16:34 PM
"The plan is to make the series an ensemble drama about a team of Judges" - very cool, exactly what I was hoping for.

My advice to the producers: watch every damn episode of Hill Street Blues, and learn. Whilst I'm not saying they should be aiming to make "HSB with Judges", I'd really like to see them replicate that sense of barely controlled anarchy the show often portrayed so successfully. It's perfect for Mega-City one, particularly if they go with the movie concept: "Twelve serious crimes reported every minute. Seventeen thousand per day. We can respond to around six percent."

You have the same name as me, I too am Mark Taylor citizen! middle name being David.

SIP

Karl Urban WAS Judge Dredd for me. I've got everything crossed that it will happen!

Pete Wells

Hawkmumbler

Urban would be nice, not sure about the logistics though.

CrazyFoxMachine

SO EXCITED THIS REQUIRES AN OLD-SKOOL GIF

I'm sure it's already been said but "Film Discussion" should now become "Dredd Film & TV Discussion" surely?

dweezil2

After the disappointment of no Dredd sequel, this more than makes up for it!

Grud has heard our prayers and deemed us worthy!

DROKK YEAH!!!   
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JamesC

Very exciting. Well done Rebellion!

*please be good* *please be successful*

Woolly

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 10 May, 2017, 07:57:16 PM

I'm going to take a speculative guess that Dredd isn't going to be the main draw here.
He'll turn up for sure, definately in the first couple of episodes, but then we'll get a more The Pit style Judge procedural type thing, with Dredd appearing every now-and-then (which could help accommodate a certain someone's schedule, maybe).

Has it been confirmed if this is a follow-on from the 2012 film yet?

JamesC

Quote from: Woolly on 10 May, 2017, 08:09:42 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 10 May, 2017, 07:57:16 PM

I'm going to take a speculative guess that Dredd isn't going to be the main draw here.
He'll turn up for sure, definately in the first couple of episodes, but then we'll get a more The Pit style Judge procedural type thing, with Dredd appearing every now-and-then (which could help accommodate a certain someone's schedule, maybe).

Has it been confirmed if this is a follow-on from the 2012 film yet?

The vibe I'm getting is 'Gotham' but in the Dreddverse (hopefully better though).

Rara Avis

After such an amazing job on the movie I don't think Rebellion are going to let anyone fuck this up.

This is very welcome and very exciting news.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: marko10174 on 10 May, 2017, 07:46:48 PM
You have the same name as me, I too am Mark Taylor citizen! middle name being David.

I've met a few! It's the curse of the common name. :D

Woolly

Just thinking... If IM Global are involved in this, then does that mean this is a continuation of the 2012 movie universe?

ISTR reading in another thread that IM Global had the rights to the designs from 2012.

Andy Lambert

For real?!?
I just did a sex wee...!

WOO HOO!!