Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

Great news! The #1 thing we'd want to see is happening, that's pretty damn cool. Sounds like they're going to be true to the comic as much as they can too, or drawing a lot more inspiration from it than we may have seen if other people handled it.

This is going to be epic!

ABCwarBOT

But folks!   No more 1980s vans! :)   Futuristic vehicles, robots n all that stuff.

Mardroid

The ad shows flying cars... which ultimately doesn't really mean anything as it could be completely different when it is broadcast. If they keep to that aesthetic though (i.e. movie style blocks, albeit not so spaced out, but the comic vehicles) that would not be a bad way to go.

I do like the big mushroom buildings, though.

Spikes

Dodsy

Absolutely amazing news. Very curious to see how far along in production the show is (I know it's only early days).
Can't help but think of all the potential storylines they could do....
Twitter - @dodsy84

ZenArcade

Nearly scared to post in this, so much is the high voltage joy, but: FUCKING YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Goaty

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 10 May, 2017, 10:56:18 PM
But folks!   No more 1980s vans! :)   Futuristic vehicles, robots n all that stuff.

Okay, Scott...  ::)

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 May, 2017, 06:19:14 PM
For grud's sake is this thing not on yet, it feels like it's been ages...

There's only two names I want to see attached to this. Much excitement!

Karl and Urban?  Or Wagner and Ezquerra?

NewDredd

Quote from: A.Cow on 10 May, 2017, 09:54:54 PM
And, apparently, there's already a trailer out for it....

https://youtu.be/fTN2YWyyE_E

On a more serious note, we should be a tiny bit cautious.  Online research indicates that production partner Mark Stern (of IM Global) seems to have built a reputation in his time at SyFy for bigging-up projects, only for them to never make it out of the development stage...

Rest easy, last month IM Global will be expanding an unscripted and alternative development team. according to Deadline.

-------------

"It's exciting times here at IM Global Television as we begin assembling the first wave of a team with dedicated focus on formats and programs with global appeal," said IM Global Television's President of Unscripted & Alternative, Phil Gurin. "With their varied professional backgrounds and experiences, I am thrilled to welcome Jennifer Colbert, Tim Rosenman and Casey Kelly, whose creative energy and passion will help us create, collaborate on and identify the most exciting new programs for all platforms both at home and around the world."

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goaty on 10 May, 2017, 11:17:29 PM
Okay, Scott...  ::)

You kind of need to stop accusing random posters of being Scojo.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Taryn Tailz

If they need a long-haired simp type to play a Wally Squad Judge then I'm available. :P

Dash Decent

Thoughts and comments:

1. Wow!

2. WOW!

3. The poster shows a more futuristic, prog-style MC1, so hopefully we're getting away from the "2 minutes into the future" skyscrapers of the last Dredd movie.

4. Molch-R says in his promo piece we won't see anything for at least two years!  I know that's par for the course with these things but we better put our waiting pants on.

5. Have a look at the announcement video with Jason Kingsley (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ei-BY6dYY).  Did they really SPELL THE NAME OF THEIR BOSS INCORRECTLY in the very first seconds of this video?  You know, the video saying how they're big enough to be good at making their own videos?  And, again, not just anyone but THE BOSS?  The one name you'd check three times before releasing it?  In an organisation that is also a print media publisher and therefore has editors and systems for checking spelling, etc?

[Clue guys, it's got a "G" in it.]

6. Check out Brian Jenkins in the same video.  There's the man to play Dredd right there!  He'd have to lose the beard of course, or otherwise he could just be seen from behind or in silhouette at the periphery of the action.

7. I remember how cruelly poor Bananaman was treated when he made his way from the pages of "Nutty" to the small screen.  Suddenly Eric had hair!  And then they changed the comic strip to match the TV show.  This could be a slippery slope for Dredd!  ;)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Andy Lambert

C'mon, guys - lets not be fretting already - speculation is fine and good, but lets just bask in the glory of MORE Dredd on the way...! 2000ad's anniversary year continues to deliver the goods so lets enjoy...!:D

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.