Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Nothing Rebellion has done to date makes me suspect they are anything other than supremely cautious when it comes to business. They're the bit of this project I'd be least worried about.

Goaty

Quote from: Krakajac on 13 May, 2017, 09:40:36 AM
In an effort to keep this thread positive...

Just imagine some years from now - having multiple seasons of a Judge Dredd TV series sitting on your bluray/DVD shelf.  Incredible times we live in.  Who would've thunk it?

Ooh yeah...

SIP

Quote from: Goaty on 13 May, 2017, 11:04:53 AM
Quote from: Krakajac on 13 May, 2017, 09:40:36 AM
In an effort to keep this thread positive...

Just imagine some years from now - having multiple seasons of a Judge Dredd TV series sitting on your bluray/DVD shelf.  Incredible times we live in.  Who would've thunk it?

Ooh yeah...

I couldn't be more positive about this! That's why I'm ranting on defending the 2012 Dredd, genuinely one of my favourite ever films. I'm so happy about this TV show its just possible that I may pop. 😊

JOE SOAP

Quote from: moly on 13 May, 2017, 10:23:40 AM
Really excited about this show but it looks like rebellion are putting the money into this and then selling it on via IM for distribution if it doesn't work out wouldn't their be a big financial loss at stake which could effect the company ?

Rebellion, and possibly their partners too, are paying for some of the initial development but they're still looking for someone to fund the series/presell it. I'm sure they've done their sums but whatever the outcome, it's unlikely to endanger the future of Rebellion or the comic.

Rebellion has teamed up with IM Global Television to look for big-budget commitments from networks in North America and Europe, with Kingsley aiming to be "well above" the £1m an hour budget a major TV show demands. "If everything goes according to plan, we're going to make one of the most expensive TV shows the UK has ever seen."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/may/11/judge-dredd-mega-city-one-set-to-dispense-tv-justice

The Legendary Shark

Jeez, come on, already!

This is taking way too long!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dash Decent

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 May, 2017, 11:58:53 AM

with Kingsley aiming to be "well above" the £1m an hour budget a major TV show demands. "If everything goes according to plan, we're going to make one of the most expensive TV shows the UK has ever seen."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/may/11/judge-dredd-mega-city-one-set-to-dispense-tv-justice

I love that they're really thinking big with this one.  I hope it's a rip-roaring success.

As Malcolm McLaren says in The Great Rock & Roll Swindle, "Don't think in tens - think in hundreds!"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2017, 10:17:57 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 13 May, 2017, 09:58:36 AM
Not wanting to get mired in the 'comic uniform' versus 'realistic uniform' debate too much, but for those of you who cosplay at conventions, just how bulky are the uniforms you wear?  Do you feel you could run, jump, duck, squat or climb in them?  Leave the weight of the armour out of it for the moment, as with 82 years between the present day and 2099 I'd expect materials science to develop harder but lighter substances.  This question goes out to comic, 2012 and rubber chicken wearers (are there any 1995 cosplayers, I don't recall seeing any photos).

I don't wear them but have plenty of experience of shooting with them both on Minty and ref photos for Dark Justice.

{snip}

We had John Burdis rolling along the floor after Minty comes off the bike - It's not ideal for stunts, but not as bad as the 1995 costume which is more of a single lump.

Thanks Steve - just waiting for the pwls bot to tell us how active he could get in the rubber chicken jimp suit...

In other news - is the TV series out yet, it seems like we've been waiting the two years by now.  Must be soon, right?

Dash Decent

Quote from: sheridan on 13 May, 2017, 01:47:55 PM
In other news - is the TV series out yet, it seems like we've been waiting the two years by now.  Must be soon, right?

It's on right now!  I'm sure this must be it - Penelope Keith's just moved out of her big posh house to a smaller place down the drive.  Dredd's bound to turn up any minute.

Any minute now.

....any minute....
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

von Boom

Quote from: Dash Decent on 13 May, 2017, 02:35:08 PM

It's on right now!  I'm sure this must be it - Penelope Keith's just moved out of her big posh house to a smaller place down the drive.  Dredd's bound to turn up any minute.

Any minute now.

....any minute....

Just checked iTunes. It must be on pre-order by now.

A.Cow

Nah, you're watching the wrong channel.  If you switch over you'll see there's someone handing out iso-cube sentences all over the place like they're going out of fashion.  Must be from Wally squad because he's not in full regs.  Name's Pinder (or something like it; can't see his badge clearly).  Must be waiting for back-up -- Dredd'll turn up in a minute.

Any minute now ...

... any minute ...

Steve Green

sheridan

Quote from: A.Cow on 13 May, 2017, 02:50:17 PM

Nah, you're watching the wrong channel.  If you switch over you'll see there's someone handing out iso-cube sentences all over the place like they're going out of fashion.  Must be from Wally squad because he's not in full regs.  Name's Pinder (or something like it; can't see his badge clearly).  Must be waiting for back-up -- Dredd'll turn up in a minute.

Any minute now ...

... any minute ...

Here it is - but bad news, he takes his helmet off :(

Rusty

Regarding the poster. I know, it's really early days, but it's interesting that the poster exists, if only for the implications that it possibly presents. I mean, is it just an early concept design, and will that change? If it is the look that's being aimed for, then surely it's a more expensive one? Flying vehicles means more CG shots too. Then there's the Cursed Earth, which would mean they'd surely need a desert location to shoot from? I hope the production ends up being similar to Game of Thrones, but of course that would mean a big network like HBO picking it up and throwing money at it.

Steve Green

Almeria seems to be the nearest desert/western place outside the UK. The actor who plays Wulf in our thing is shooting over there at the moment.

If they must shoot in the UK, then it's basically quarries + CG to extend it.

CalHab

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2017, 04:58:52 PM
Almeria seems to be the nearest desert/western place outside the UK. The actor who plays Wulf in our thing is shooting over there at the moment.

If they must shoot in the UK, then it's basically quarries + CG to extend it.

Where Alex Cox shot "Straight to Hell" with a cast including Shane MacGowan, inspiring the wonderful Pogues song "Fiesta".