Main Menu

Which other old 2000 AD characters would you like to see reappear in new strips?

Started by norton canes, 08 August, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

There was a version of Slippery Jim in Dante, or at least Nikolai references being trained by a 'DiGrizov'.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: GordyM on 24 August, 2018, 03:12:58 PM
Considering the current climate now's the perfect time to bring back Big Dave.

I'd pay money to see that.  Sadly, though, bigoted boors like Dave are being venerated and elected these days, and I can imagine a certain type of person reading it as an irony-free political manifesto.

As for Dante, the strip always absorbed versions of old characters. I wasn't quite on board with the strip when the PC Sláine and gay Sinister Dexter appeared, and I must say I didn't like it - for me, Dante was a far less established and enjoyable story and was messing about with its elders and betters.  Never thought I'd grow to love Dante, but I did.

I'd like to that time Sinister and Dexter arrived in MC1 again, but in the Dredd strip, from the opposite POV.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

matty_ae

Quote from: Mudcrab on 10 August, 2018, 01:44:25 PM
I'll just leave this here before scuttling off again...

Big Dave in Sinister Brexter

:-\

Big Dave in Sinister Brexit-er?

matty_ae

TordelBack

Quote from: matty_ae on 05 October, 2018, 12:42:18 PM
I'd like to see City of the Damned from that Dredd's POV

I'll draw it!  Finally something my artistic talents are equal to!  Here's my rough-out for that great crawling-through-hell splash (it'll look better with some lettering):

Oh,  you meant Judge Drokk, didn't you?   :(

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Lupianwolf

Max from 'The Thirteenth Floor' shows up causing a fuss in Dredd's world. Eventually you find out Max has taken over Walter the Wobots body. Both have tv screen faces so I think that could be fun.

I'm still new to 2000AD so I don't know if Walter is still around or not.

TordelBack

That's pretty brilliant,  Lupianwolf!  Great first post, welcome.

Walter is indeed still active,  currently in the service of Mrs Gunderson,  Judge Death's doddery-but-indestructible former landlady.

sheridan

Quote from: Lupianwolf on 05 October, 2018, 08:23:01 PM
Max from 'The Thirteenth Floor' shows up causing a fuss in Dredd's world. Eventually you find out Max has taken over Walter the Wobots body. Both have tv screen faces so I think that could be fun.

I'm still new to 2000AD so I don't know if Walter is still around or not.

Only thing missing there is Evil Edna

rogue69

TordelBack

Quote from: rogue69 on 07 October, 2018, 02:26:04 PM
Bradley &/or Bek & Kawl  in Survival Geeks

Now those are genius-level ideas. Might I add Trace, Bertie and Hermann Goering from Time Flies. Get Philip Bond to guest on art!

Greg M.

Quote from: rogue69 on 07 October, 2018, 02:26:04 PM
Bek & Kawl  in Survival Geeks

It's like you've discovered a secret formula for what would be my least favourite story of all time.

(Actually, that's a bit harsh on Survival Geeks - it's very far from being the sort of thing I want to read, but I don't actively hate it or anything. It's just not for me. Bec and Kawl, on the other hand...)

broodblik

I was rereading the Stainless Steel Rat by the great Carlos, I would like mister diGriz to grace the pages of the prog again.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

AlexF