Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Quote from: I, Cosh on 04 November, 2020, 08:45:23 PM
Quite interesting that 75% of the stuff on that list was previously in the Extreme Editions.

Obviously digital doesn't mean only digital and it doesn't mean at the expense of other physical volumes. To be honest, it's nice to see then actually promote their digital only collections for once. Word of the previous ones seemed to slip out despite the best efforts of Rebellion!

Having Red Seas and Caballistics Inc. in fat Digital tomes rules

And yes, most of these new digital offerings appear to be EE stuff that has not graduated to full collections. The only significant missing one is Milligan's The Dead.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Monarch

now if only we could get a series of full uncut sin dex in digital...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Monarch on 05 November, 2020, 03:02:46 AM

Or any format. I'd absolutely love this as I've said before, though physcial would be amazing. Alas it feels a long way off given various attempt to get this series out there.

The Adventurer

Quote from: The Monarch on 05 November, 2020, 03:02:46 AM

Wait, what's missing from the available collections and the follow up Meg Floppies?

EDIT: Oh wow, I'm dumb, the first 5 collections* aren't even available Digitally

*Gunshark Vacation, Murder 101, Slay-Per-View, Eurocrash, and Money Shots. Everything Downlode Tales and beyond is in digital Floppy form.

The Monarch

those original trades are not even complete its missing a chunk of early stories too many to list it and the lack of downlode tales were the reason i stopped buying the original trades

Richard

It doesn't even make any sense without Downlode Tales, which was the second half of a storyline that started with Eurocrash. The next regular Sinister Dexter episode literally makes no sense if you skip straight to that. Worst collection ever!

The Adventurer

Sounds like a digital omnibus or two would solve this. Has Sin-Dex been appearing the Ultimate Collections?

The Monarch

sort of its also cherry picked stories instead of being a complete run of early stuff. the plus is it DID include downlode tales in full

broodblik

The cover for The Steel Claw by Brian Bolland:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

CalHab

The figure in the suit looks almost Charles Burns-esque.

I, Cosh

Quote from: CalHab on 17 November, 2020, 01:59:38 PM
The figure in the suit looks almost Charles Burns-esque.
Not sure about that but he definitely looks like he's just had the old Steel Claw up his cleft.
We never really die.

broodblik

Some of us feared this news other will embrace it with a joyful skip and a jump. Read this article to see where your alignment is:

https://www.brokenfrontier.com/2000-ad-regened-rebellion-2021/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 20 November, 2020, 02:58:24 AM
Some of us feared this news other will embrace it with a joyful skip and a jump. Read this article to see where your alignment is:

https://www.brokenfrontier.com/2000-ad-regened-rebellion-2021/

Oh that is interesting. So there are a few bits to pull out of this. Firstly no change in the schedule of these releases, 4 regularly placed issues spaced through the year. So something is being seen to be working, so that's good. Let's hope the experience from this year will help the scheduling for other strips. The other shame of this is we'll get these shorter stories that won't have momentum. One thing my kids reading The Phoenix shows is my kids (I know this isn't a great sample size!) they really enjoy ongoing stories. That said I can defo see why they don't have a condensed run of these.

Secondly its fantastic to see the stories that seem to have hit the mark here Pandora Perfect and Department K are coming back. Really hope these strips become a regular feature.

Third Phil Bond back in the Prog - wayhey!

Fourth the fact there is the same schedule suggests Tharg isn't yet sure how to take this to the next level or move things on which is a shame. There might be interest in how the collections do first, or this might be this the end game in itself?

Happy to see this continue but would like to feel this was going somewhere a bit more independent at some point soon.

broodblik

For me one of the good things of the regen prog was the new stories rather than the rehash of older characters. I am glad to see new ones are planned for the next installments.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 November, 2020, 06:29:36 AM
Third Phil Bond back in the Prog - wayhey!
This is the important thing really. Everything else is irrelevant.
We never really die.