Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Richard on 23 August, 2021, 10:41:19 PM
Also looking forward to The Alienist.

Is it returning, or only a reprint in an upcoming Meg floppy?

Eoin Coveney is a remarkable artist, shame we haven't seen more from him in the Prog regardless.

Richard

Damn! Serves me right for only skim-reading.

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 28 May, 2021, 11:06:07 AM
Does not look like Kleggs next prog but Weston is on art and script duties for Dredd

It looks like that construction worker guy is another Stan Lee cameo.

'Nuff said.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

norton canes

Just seen that Eoin Coveney has lots of finished panels and production sketches from all eight instalments of The Alienist: Inhuman Natures among tons of other fantastic artwork on his Behance pages.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: norton canes on 27 August, 2021, 02:28:47 PM
Just seen that Eoin Coveney has lots of finished panels and production sketches from all eight instalments of The Alienist: Inhuman Natures among tons of other fantastic artwork on his Behance pages.

Well worth looking at these, some cool stuff there. Good find Norton!
Shame we haven't seen more Eoin Coveney in the Prog.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in December:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! The last two regular issues of the year wrap up the storylines - Sensitive Klegg puts on a show no one will forget in Judge Dredd: The Musical; the Martian war reaches its climax in Scarlet Traces: Storm Front; The Diaboliks battle an alliance of villains in "London Calling"; Cyd is on the run again in The Out; and Dexter has dino-trouble! The Galaxy's Greatest Comic celebrates Xmas with another stunning 100-page bumper issue, featuring a brand-new line-up of stories - Judge Dredd teams up with a couple of familiar faces in "Trinity"; Proteus Vex is the universe's most wanted in "Desire Paths"; The Order journey into the depths of unknown time in "Fantastic Voyage"; shock revelations rock our team of warriors in Kingmaker: "Falls the Shadow"; go beyond the veil in The Fall of Deadworld: "Jessica"; plus there's a seasonal trip to Mega-City One's most infamous penitentiary, and lots more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the Meg in December:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd!  A brand-new line-up starts this issue - Metta Lawson gets involved in politics in Lawless: "Ballots Over"; a former Judge has vengeance in her mind in new Cursed Earth series "Death Cap"; Psi-Judge Lillian Storm must cross into the underworld in "Dead and Gone"; and Nia Jones must work with Detective-Judge Armitage when a new gang moves on Brit-Cit in Diamond Dogs III. Plus there's a complete seasonal Dredd story, interviews, features, and the bagged graphic novel is a collection of Xmas tales from the Big Meg!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 17 September, 2021, 01:00:54 PM
Coming to the prog in December:

plus there's a seasonal trip to Mega-City One's most infamous penitentiary, and lots more![/i]

Devil's Island?  Iso-Block 666?  Something new that we haven't seen yet?

Colin YNWA

Well there's two big WAYHEYS in the solicitations for December. Firstly Kingmaker is back - couldn't be more pleased... well actually that's not true as

LAWLESS IS BACKKKKKK!!!!

I mean I take Jim's point about the Meg not being defined by whether Lawless is in it or not... but at the same time... LAWLESS IS BACKKKKK!!!!

Also the possible opening line-up for the 2022 Prog - Dredd, Kingmaker, The Order, Deadworld and Proteus Vex is super strong in my eyes.

sintec

That's a stonking line up for the xmas prog and looks like it'll be a strong lineup for the new year with Proteus Vex, Kingmaker, The Order and Deadworld.  And more Lawless in the meg! Not so thrilled to see Diamond Dogs continuing, it's just no engaging me at the moment but maybe the crossover with Armitage will help (maybe).

broodblik

Just one question when are Brink coming back maybe it is for the 45th anniversary prog? The line-up looks super strong for the prog.

PS - Sorry Jim, but LAWLESS, LAWLESS, LAWLESS !!!!!!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 September, 2021, 01:11:59 PM
Also the possible opening line-up for the 2022 Prog - Dredd, Kingmaker, The Order, Deadworld and Proteus Vex is super strong in my eyes.
Might be jumping the gun there. I'd guess a one-of, as all the ongoing Fall of Deadworld stories have had a one word adjectival title (despite what Barney says about the first one.) Plus Tharg normally likes to keep one of the January strips under wraps until nearer the time.

Brink is definitely due back sometime soon.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 September, 2021, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 September, 2021, 01:11:59 PM
Might be jumping the gun there. I'd guess a one-of, as all the ongoing Fall of Deadworld stories have had a one word adjectival title (despite what Barney says about the first one.) Plus Tharg normally likes to keep one of the January strips under wraps until nearer the time.

Brink is definitely due back sometime soon.

That's a fair point - would be happy if it was back, but we'll see what lands. Would be nice to start the year with a new strip too...

I, Cosh

True. Whatever happened to that Milligan and Dayglo strip: The Underground Railroad?
We never really die.

Rogue Judge

I echo the excitement for Lawless! Would also love to see more Kingmaker!