Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 September, 2021, 03:50:48 PM
True. Whatever happened to that Milligan and Dayglo strip: The Underground Railroad?

The Devils Railroad not sure but it looks like it has disappeared in obscurity
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

True. Whatever happened to that Milligan and Dayglo strip: The Underground Railroad?

Possibly delayed by Rufus' relocation to France and subsequently having to practically build a new studio from scratch? He was Instagram-ing photos of himself up to his knees in rubble a few weeks back...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Ah! Interesting. Anywhere near Lascaux?
We never really die.

The Corinthian

Quote from: broodblik on 17 September, 2021, 04:36:38 PM

The Devils Railroad not sure but it looks like it has disappeared in obscurity

If I read my notes right it was promoted as a Thrills of the Future back in Prog 2122 in the spring of 2019. I'm getting that early 1990s vibe when stories like Kola Kommandos and Firekind would turn up years after Tharg started promoting them (hopefully this will be more like the latter than the former).

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

......but the difference is whom can end a series in two panels where as the whole thing was written as a possible trilogy, rewrite on rewrite.........
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

Hey remember the days when a megaepic was a megaepic and not dripfed to us like the current downlode story is?

i miss those days

The Corinthian

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 September, 2021, 12:45:13 PM
Hey remember the days when a megaepic was a megaepic and not dripfed to us like the current downlode story is?

i miss those days

Remember how everyone used to bitch about how long Tom Tully could string out a storyline for?

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 20 August, 2021, 10:56:23 AM
Something interesting about the Dragontamer collection: Dragontamer features multiple pages that have been remastered specifically for this collection by Manco, enhancing his storytelling and critically-acclaimed work, and transforming the original serialised story into a career-defining work of art!

This might sway me to get the collection..........

Here is an article that shows how the pages has been enhanced:

https://2000ad.com/news/slaine-remastered-see-leo-mancos-stunning-new-pages-for-dragontamer-collection/

broodblik

IndigoPrime

Nice idea. I might have to grab one of those.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I agree - that's a very smart looking move. Be interesting to see the format "square-bound bookazine" looks and feels bt it sounds very enticing (well aside from my irrational hatred of the word bookazine!

Defo purchase.

BPP

That's a very cool development to covers uncovered. Auto-purchase.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

sintec

Yeah very interesting idea. I do a digital sub and then buy trades of the things I like for re-reads. This would make a nice addition to the collection. Especially at that price.

Colin YNWA

Wonder if our Pete 'the lovely' Wells will get a mention in it for originating the Blog which (kinda) spawned this... arh a sentence with Pete Wells and spawned feels so right...