Main Menu

Nemesis the Warlock hardcover reprint and volume two

Started by IndigoPrime, 29 September, 2020, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

The important for continuty purposes "Bride of the Warlock" with Chris Weston art.  The much overlooked and hilarious "Tomb of Torquemada" with art by Kev Flipping O'Neill

As well as Books 8, 9 and 10..

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 September, 2020, 06:28:42 PM
Not that much extra  left over for The Final Heresies, is there? The two Deadlock stories and Tubular Hells, I suppose? What else?

Southstreeter

To be fair, it's only Book 1 that I own four copies of, and I'm sure the charity shop will appreciate my much loved phone book complete series, and I've not been on holiday this year, so I'm in.

Michael Knight

Does anyone know how much of Nemesis (in its entirety) has been collected in the 2000AD Ultimate Collection thus far?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Michael Knight on 29 September, 2020, 08:45:26 PM
Does anyone know how much of Nemesis (in its entirety) has been collected in the 2000AD Ultimate Collection thus far?

Everything except the Diceman strips.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Ah yes, cheers Sintec and Leigh! For some reason I always think Book 9 is Hammer of Warlocks, and thus only a few pages long, and equally that Book 10 is another short one (it isn't). I also had it in my head that Tomb of Torquemada was already in Vol 1, but that was actually in another recent reprint... So plenty to fill Part 3! Not that I'm getting ahead of myself or anything...

seanharry

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 29 September, 2020, 08:50:48 PM
Quote from: Michael Knight on 29 September, 2020, 08:45:26 PM

Everything except the Diceman strips.

The Diceman strips appear in volume 2 of the Rebellion collected edition, as well as volume 6 of the Titan edition.

So far just the Deadlock spin off series and the final episode that appeared in prog 2000 have not been reprinted.

sintec

Quote from: seanharry on 29 September, 2020, 11:10:15 PM
So far just the Deadlock spin off series and the final episode that appeared in prog 2000 have not been reprinted.

The Prog 2000 story was Tubular Hells wasn't it?
That was in the 4th volume of the Ultimate Collection and it's also in the 3rd phone book.

The Deadlock spinoff from Progs 1212 to 1222 also made the 4th Ultimate Collection volume and according to Barney also saw a reprint in the Megazine. Unless there's a different Deadlock spinoff?

sheridan

Quote from: sintec on 30 September, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

That was in the 4th volume of the Ultimate Collection and it's also in the 3rd phone book.

The Deadlock spinoff from Progs 1212 to 1222 also made the 4th Ultimate Collection volume and according to Barney also saw a reprint in the Megazine. Unless there's a different Deadlock spinoff?

Yeah - the Deadlock spin-off (Henry Flint artwork, Purity as President Purity of Terra) was in a floppy.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 30 September, 2020, 10:00:02 AM
Quote from: sintec on 30 September, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

Yeah - the Deadlock spin-off (Henry Flint artwork, Purity as President Purity of Terra) was in a floppy.

But Michael Knight was asking specifically about the Ultimate Collection books, where everything has been reprinted except the Diceman strips (including Deadlock and Tubular Hells).
@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

I feel like hanging out on this thread is like surrounding myself with enablers telling me that I really absolutely do need a fourth dip into Nemesis collection territory. Last time I read my phonebook collections I had a fine time - but it would be nicer to have bigger pages and a hardback spine to really open out the pages more...

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 01 October, 2020, 09:47:59 AM
I feel like hanging out on this thread is like surrounding myself with enablers telling me that I really absolutely do need a fourth dip into Nemesis collection territory. Last time I read my phonebook collections I had a fine time - but it would be nicer to have bigger pages and a hardback spine to really open out the pages more...

Come to the dark side!

IndigoPrime

AlexF

I've caved in and have the Later Deviations - still weighing up the need to get the Early Deviations when I already have the Deviant edition. I guess it means not having a hardback with the Gothic Empire in, ironically the only book I had in the old Titan edition but have long since got rid of.

IndigoPrime

Well, they are different interpretations, given the colour art, etc. :D