Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 17 November, 2020, 05:00:38 PM
Same here, but I have the Futurequake Relief package to keep me going!

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 17 November, 2020, 01:51:41 PM
No prog, but the Meg turned up.

Oh yeah I got a Chris Askham relief package - some of his mini-books that I don't yet own which I bought 'from Thought Bubble' at the weekend.

scrotnig

I've not had 2208 but the Meg turned up yesterday.

Been erratic like this for weeks now. 2207 was several days late and 2206 actually came the day after it, by which time I'd already bought it in Tesco. Same thing happened with 2204 so keep ending up with two copies due to panicking and thinking it won't come at all.

Prior to that it was all pretty stable with either Saturday or Monday deliveries.

The Enigmatic Dr X

P'shaw.

My subscriber prog has been irregular for at least 18 months. Tuesday or Wednesday most common.

You are all spoiled.
Lock up your spoons!

Tomwe

Barrington Boots

Wednesday. I arise, blearey eyed and sleep-starved, dragging foosteps and clumsy fingertips at my morning routine. But then from outside - what is this? A cheerful whistling, the crunch of footfall on gravel as the postman approaches. The letterbox rattles as a mornings treasures drop to the mat below. My heart sings, my mornings toil is forgotten as I scramble to retrieve them.

... but no. As postman departs and I stand alone in the hallway like a forgotten statue, clutching a bank statment and a Grazebox with empty eyes. Upstairs the cat meows excitedly as he savages a mouse of cloth, it's innards shredded like my hopes of reading the next installment of Hookjaw. All is darkness.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 18 November, 2020, 09:33:48 AM
Wednesday. I arise, blearey eyed and sleep-starved, dragging foosteps and clumsy fingertips at my morning routine. But then from outside - what is this? A cheerful whistling, the crunch of footfall on gravel as the postman approaches. The letterbox rattles as a mornings treasures drop to the mat below. My heart sings, my mornings toil is forgotten as I scramble to retrieve them.

... but no. As postman departs and I stand alone in the hallway like a forgotten statue, clutching a bank statment and a Grazebox with empty eyes. Upstairs the cat meows excitedly as he savages a mouse of cloth, it's innards shredded like my hopes of reading the next installment of Hookjaw. All is darkness.

I weep with you brother - never has pain been so gloriously shared.

ChickenStu

I take it this means no joy then.
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Bolt-01

Postie been - no prog.

sob...

Magnetica

I saw the postie coming up the path this morning and jumped up to open door, lest he fold my Prog in two. He proceeded to hand me a brown HMRC envelope for my wife's company about Brexit and a brochure for a Buckinghamshire retirement home.

Alas no Prog.

😬😬😬

Proudhuff

Its the Dictators I tells ye!
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

A Prog drought?

At this time of year?
At this time of day?
In this part of the country?
Localized entirely within the 2nd lock-down of a global pandemic?

ChickenStu

Tjm86

TBH post around here has been bizarre of late.  Tuesday it turned up around 7pm.  No idea what was happening there.

So mid-week and still no signs of the prog, much less the meg.

scrotnig

2208 arrived for me today.

ChickenStu