Main Menu

Prog 2208 - The Powers of London!

Started by broodblik, 18 November, 2020, 02:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

A good solid prog with both Hook Jaw and Skip Tracer ending next week.

Dredd – With all the role-players and plot lines introduced the battle for hart of the simps can start. Niemand weaves an interesting story with some good art by Steve Austin.

Stickelback – As the battle for London is fought by the goliaths the outcome is watch by all interest parties. This episode is all about the battle, but this might only be a setup by mister Holmes to commence the next sequence in the fight.

Hook Jaw – Action packed, violence and blood-fest from start to end. The wonderful, rendered splash-page sums up this episode. Leigh' art is such a highlight in this episode I almost forgot about Alec's great script.

Skip Tracer – The story is almost done, and we are setup for the final confrontation. As always, the story is quite readable and still feels like we are back in the 80s.

Fiends – The fantasy elements are still heavy in the story. The story continues to intrigue and are wonderfully told by Edginton. Tiernen's art continues to impress. 

CalHab

broodblik

Maybe not on paper but as signals or data expressed as series of the digits 0 and 1

Tomwe

That's a smashing cover - no prog here yet. Glad to see Matt has proceeded to the next round of the Favourite CURRENT poll.

TordelBack

Another terrific wee prog, everything works.

I'd make particular note of the following:

- Edginton and Campbell sneak some very naughty words into this week's luminous Stickleback. Very naughty indeed.

- You know when you read a story about a giant shark, and you don't really get to see the shark properly for like 7 episodes, getting weird hybrid monster versions, and odd blurry glimpses instead,  and you think, well maybe sharks just aren't as interesting as they were in the '70s,  or maybe the artist just doesn't want to draw sharks?  Well, this isn't that story. Wow.

- Check out that opening panel in Dredd. Fab teamwork from Austin and Blythe.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 November, 2020, 09:26:43 AM
- Edginton and Campbell sneak some very naughty words into this week's luminous Stickleback. Very naughty indeed.

Not guilty! All inter-dimensional eldritch horror's dialogue is the artist's own!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Translation please I am not well versed with inter-dimension beings language

TordelBack

I'll just leave this here. You'll see why I thought Jim must be the culprit.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 November, 2020, 10:05:17 AM
You'll see why I thought Jim must be the culprit.

That would only have happened if Bey had been facing off against an interdimensional Pete Wells, although he'd probably have shouted:

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tomwe

Somewhere in a box are a set of letters my teenage GF and I use to write to each other in Dwarfish Runes (as set out by Tolkien in the front of The Hobbit).

Something Fishy

Has this had a delay this week?  no sign of it and it's very rarely not here by release day.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Well, I'm quite proud of myself - I managed to work it out without having seen your transcription or knowing what script it was.  But I probably wouldn't have tried if you hadn't mentioned the naughty words - I once got a week's ban here for calling Nigel Farage one of them  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"