Main Menu

Wishlist for 2021

Started by broodblik, 08 January, 2021, 02:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

With all this voting and best off 2020 going on I was wondering what I would like to see coming back in 2021. 

My Wishlist for 2021:
1.   Brass Sun
2.   Jaegir
3.   Helium (I want to put this under my fantasy list, but this can happen I am sure)
4.   Kingdom (mister Abnett pretty please with some sugar on top)

My fantasy, o golly gosh this will never happen Wishlist:
1.   Book 4 of Halo Jones by Alan Moore and Ian Gibson
2.   The conclusion of Servant of Evil (Dan Dare)
3.   A proper ending and final series of Savage
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 08 January, 2021, 02:03:09 PM
3.   A proper ending and final series of Savage

Defo hope we get more Brink next year and would loove to have Kingdom back, but a proper end for Savage would be so great.

Barrington Boots

Good idea for a thread!
If I'm picking four it's got to be:

• Kingmaker
  • Jaegir
  • Zombo
  • Definitive conclusion to SinDex
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 08 January, 2021, 02:58:26 PM
[/li][li]Definitive conclusion to SinDex[/li][/list]

.....or at least no more using Sin/Dex as a filler rather give us longer running stories
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

I'd love to see more Savage but am curious what would work as a finale? Him dying? Some sort of successful expulsion of the Volgans from Britain? And at the same time something that bridges to the opening episodes of Ro-Busters??

TordelBack

Quote from: AlexF on 11 January, 2021, 09:50:27 AM
Some sort of successful expulsion of the Volgans from Britain?

Already happened. He's liberating Europe these past few series.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

A new series of Brink.

An announcement of a standalone 2000AD Regned title.

Some Wagner Dredd.

Some Oink reprint collections.

Tharg paying Leonardo Manco whatever - whatever - it takes to continue working for 2000AD, even as a cover artist.

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

Not sure you'll get anything Oink. Does Rebellion even own much of that? Wasn't it primarily creator-owned?

Adamskilad

This is my kind of game!

1) Anything from John Smith!
2) A final book of Savage that finally and fully spills over into the world of Ro-Busters
3) More Brass Sun/Scarlet Traces/Helium/Kingmaker (a recent re-read of a chunk of Edginton's 2000AD output leaves me wanting more of the same)
4) Indigo Prime (with or without Mr Smith)
5) Zombo (Henry Flint working on a special project? Could it be..?)

broodblik

I am also keen on more Kingmaker but not only for Edginton's script but also for the delightful art of Leigh Gallagher

Colin YNWA

I'd like to see Ian Edginton wrap up at least one or two of his strips. Any he wants, any he likes (well as long as its not Brass Sun!) so that he can focus on a core number for which he and artists can produce at least one serial every year (give or take).

He's said himself he can get distracted by the shiny new and I fully appreciate that, but I think to facilitiate that it would be great if he was able to provide satisfying conclusions to series that might otherwise be left behind for extended periods, or even for good.

I'd have happily had Red Seas in the Prog for years to come, but in the long run I'm happier that it got a really satisfying conclusion and is now put to bed, well giant ants aside.

dweezil2

More Aquila would be just fine and dandy!!!
Another John Wagner Dredd epic would be equally groovy!!!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

broodblik

I also think Gordon Rennie owes us another chapter of Hunted and Mechastopheles