Main Menu

The Great Dante Readthrough Podcast

Started by Simon Fraser, 26 February, 2021, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 20 December, 2022, 11:01:03 AM
Also, the vodka bit always reminds me of a wedding I went to in Poland where when someone drank vodka (and that was pretty much the only drink) everyone had to. The wedding was amazing, but I was very, very sick.

I had the same experience too. Apparently. I have no memory. And couldn't drink again for NINE MONTHS.

Illyana

What a treat to readthrough all the discussion here! Can't wait to chat about it on the pod. Hope you're all keeping well: a little update on our production schedule: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1ZhXrLfGh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Happy Holidays, Irregulars!

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, Edie - we're lucky to have you on board!  Happy New Year to you and Simon; hopefully life runs a bit smoother for you both in 2023.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Illyana

Colin YNWA

JayzusB.Christ

Waheyy!  Thanks, Edie!  Been looking forward to this for ages.  It'll take a lot of the sting out of having to work tomorrow!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Illyana

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 March, 2023, 07:47:56 PMWaheyy!  Thanks, Edie!  Been looking forward to this for ages.  It'll take a lot of the sting out of having to work tomorrow!

Glad we can keep you company. We're both working from home tomorrow, solidarity! Then more podcast stuff on Sunday 😁

JayzusB.Christ

Well, that was loads of fun!  Your Cartman impression didn't go unnoticed, Edie, and it tickled me immensely to hear the word 'bairn' in an American accent.  Also I hadn't realised that Katarina Dante was meant to look like Sophia Loren, but yeah, it's obvious now.

Illyana

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 March, 2023, 06:33:27 PMWell, that was loads of fun!  Your Cartman impression didn't go unnoticed, Edie, and it tickled me immensely to hear the word 'bairn' in an American accent.  Also I hadn't realised that Katarina Dante was meant to look like Sophia Loren, but yeah, it's obvious now.

I think that one slipped by my husband! Glad it landed. I have absorbed all kinds of British/Scottish words at this point and can't be arsed to pronounce them properly. Even when I try the kid and Hubbs tell me I sound American so what's the point 😂

Colin YNWA

Well for me it covered the hoovering yesterday and half my run today... half my run... and there hangs an important point. During the end of the podcast Simon was almost apologetic about the podcast getting too long

No

No

Noooooooo

Get distracted, have those asides and drifting opinions filled with insights form Simon's involvement and Edie's engaging freah take. Fill the time, chat to us for as long as you like.

We're aging men with little hair, and the comedowns rule out too many of life's other pleasures (okay, okay I'm projecting here aren't I!). Podcasts like these connect us with the things we love and bind us as a tribe of grumpy old folks - and hopefully shiny excited younger things - hanging onto the joys in our lives.

The hoovering and the run take about 2 hours in total, until you go past that you're not taking up too much of my time, far from it. It fills the times the things that DO take up my life with fun, insight and connection to life's pleasures.

Talk unabandoned and I'll be listening.

Colin YNWA

Oh and interested by the idea that John M Burns might have tributed the classic Spidey 33 in a panel. This leaves a few questions.

What is Simon's relationship with John? Seems like there has been little contact??? If that's right was Simon  tempted to chat to him given the vital rule he played in Simon's creation? Not to guide, or advise nbut just to connect and share?

Has Simon tributed panels in the way he suggested John M might have in Dante or other strips?

Barrington Boots

Fantastic episode this. Great commentary, great insights, and the more Simon and Edie drift off script the better it is. Listening to this is 100% entertaining and not time wasted.

I love pirates and really dig this pirate bit of Dante. There's definitely a touch of ancient Ladybird book watercolour art about J M Burns: it's one of the things I really love about his art (and also, beautiful old Ladybird books).
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Illyana

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one, Edie! I'll be listening to it at work tomorrow.  As always TGDR makes the more boring parts of my job go much quicker.