Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rara Avis

I'm sorry to disappoint you gentlemen, but I have hammer hands that break everything they touch so, I was in no way involved in the creation of this magnificent piece.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rara Avis on 15 April, 2021, 07:57:45 AM
I'm sorry to disappoint you gentlemen, but I have hammer hands that break everything they touch so, I was in no way involved in the creation of this magnificent piece.

It doesn't matter how you got it as long as you enjoy it.

I have an idea of doing a Death being captured in a "suction trap" with Anderson looking on - just got to find a cheap kit to manipulate.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Rara Avis

I love him - every time I pick him up (which isn't that often because I'm afraid I'll break him) I think  'Please, my son ... he's very evil'.

I actually must invest in a brush for dusting - I was going to get a kabuki brush because they are super soft:

How do you dust your figures?

Trooper McFad

Not as often as my wife wants me to 😂😂😂
When I do it's with an ancient feather duster (only has about 4 feathers) but I think I might invest in a similar brush as shown.

Rara Avis

I've broken the Judge Death's hand, Nemesis frill and Dredd's (MK-1) Lawgiver while cleaning / posing so I tend to leave them alone.

That brush is £13.50 from M&S but you can get a cheaper one in Primark that will do the job.

Re: your idea for Death suction trap have you considered working with epoxy?

Just an idea - I have absolutely no clue on how you might attempt that.

Btw, I can't believe that sculpture is $800.00.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Rara Avis on 15 April, 2021, 06:29:22 PM

As this image shows, the answer is "rarely"  :lol:

Trooper McFad

That would be a good idea I think I'll look into that cheers. I had thought of Death trapped in some kind of Hamster ball 😳 but there are too many holes.

Almost finished my next figure so should post pics sometime tomorrow.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 April, 2021, 08:42:45 PM
Quote from: Rara Avis on 15 April, 2021, 06:29:22 PM

😂😂😂 Mine aren't as bad as that - just call it space dust and it adds character

Barrington Boots

Smaller scale, but I use a lip brush from Wilko to dust Warhammer-scale models and it works brilliantly. They cost about £1 each.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Well another one finished 😁😁

This one is converted from a "Riddler" Revell kit.
I crossed his leg, moved his arms and gave him a 3 piece suit, brolly & a zany communications device (and a red carnation)
I give you Max Normal
If I hadn't used the graffiti decals from the Dredd minis I would have added some of those to the pole (and I might purchase Letter decals for the "Cab Stop" as I'm not good painting letters)

Enjoy

I'm still waiting on fellow Squaxx to post their creations 👍🏻

Dandontdare

That's fantastic!

Weird how his pose looks perfectly natural from some angles (eg #2), but from others looks like he's busting for the loo or dancing the twist (eg #1).

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 April, 2021, 01:50:47 PM
That's fantastic!

Weird how his pose looks perfectly natural from some angles (eg #2), but from others looks like he's busting for the loo or dancing the twist (eg #1).
Thanks.
I see what you're saying I think when the full cab stop sign is in view then the eye makes more sense of his lean

Colin YNWA

Lovin' Max - that is quite something.

Rara Avis

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 April, 2021, 08:42:45 PM

Well you gotta dust it now and post an after pic!

Also round of applause for Trooper's latest creation!

Trooper McFad

It's been a while but now everything is starting to open up the model making is slowing down(though still got 2 others on the go at the mo)

I'm still hoping some more Squaxx will post their creations and share with the newest board members (including myself) the characters they have created in the past.

Anyway this is my attempt at Marshall Metta Lawson. I used the knock off Anderson kit as my base. changed a few things took away her High Heels!!. Added spares I had left from the Dredd kit and tried my best at making the "shotgun".

I have added a couple of before pics to show how the model takes shape.

Chuffed at her jacket but not so much at her hair but overall I'm happy with the results.

The next ones on the go are a model of my alter ego and a better attempt at one I've already done.

Enjoy