Main Menu

Promises, Promises...

Started by Funt Solo, 27 April, 2021, 02:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

From a discussion on another thread. Thrills that have been promised, but have yet to materialize.

Last part of Flesh: Gorehead, from prog 2010 in 2016:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Helium, from prog 1945 in 2015:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

The Alienist, from prog 2049 in 2017:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Armageddon, from Meg 2.07 in 1992:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

No sure if your going to keep going - so I'll not do spoilers but we know there's at least one a LOT earlier than that!

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2021, 06:28:45 AM
No sure if your going to keep going - so I'll not do spoilers but we know there's at least one a LOT earlier than that!

Got to hand it to you, that is quite subtle.  I bet you don't dare say any more ....

broodblik

From the these I would like  to see the return of both Helium and The Alienist
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Daveycandlish

Yup, Helium and The Alienist would both be welcomed back with open arms by me.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

IndigoPrime

Helium and The Alienist at a least worked pretty well as standalone. The Bad Man was dreadful. I'm very glad that didn't become the basis for Dredd's world and has now been largely forgotten.

Barrington Boots

Thirded on Helium and the Alienist.
I wasn't much of a fan of Flesh at the time, but I would've like to see it wrapped up one way or another..
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Over on the Prog 2228 review thread Broodblik copied across some comments Uncle Pat made on Twitter

QuoteFrom Pat's twitter related to Flesh:

Q: Are you and Clint Langley going to be working on a final chapter for Flesh? It ended on a heck of a cliffhanger...

A: Too busy just now. I'd need to review it and see if it required some rethink for the finale, both in story and art terms. Off hand, I'd say it needed it. I won't just knock it out. It's too important & I think Flesh deserves to go out on a high note, like Leo's Slaine.

I'd love to see it get finished.

Need to remind myself where Savage got to last time as well...

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 27 April, 2021, 08:45:13 AM
Thirded on Helium and the Alienist.

Would like to see both return, but would love to see Eoin Coveney back in the Prog regardless.

AlexF

On Savage, there's a feeling I have that somehow Pat needs to write one more book of ABCs/Ro-Busters that properly crosses over with Savage to give them both a sort of send-off.

'needs' being the opposite of the word I should use.

broodblik

From all Pat's outstanding stuff Savage is the one I would like him to "finish"
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Jones, of course. I really hate knowing that there was going to be loads more Jones, but then there wasn't.

Other than that, yeah, I would have liked to see how Savage ended up.  And at the risk of half of you jumping out of my monitor and battering me to death, I'd have enjoyed seeing how Big Dave fared in the Bush, Obama and Trump eras too.

Also, are we going to see more of that robot copper chap that Wagner and Ezquerra introduced a few years ago?  Loads of potential there, even considering the very sad loss of one of the creators.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"