Main Menu

Simon Coleby or Alan Davis - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 19

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 May, 2021, 06:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Can't separate them at all- DR & Quinch and the Hyperhistoric Headbang are tough to beat... Jaegir is also great and Coleby's art made me want to read The Saharan Icebelt War despite Fleisher (until, you know, I actually tried to read it).

It's 2-2 for me, or an abstention- take your pick.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 May, 2021, 04:17:17 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 27 May, 2021, 03:52:40 PM
Coleby 2 : 2 Davis

The weather forced an abandonment before they reached the 18th green.

Why I oughta...

Well ok then...a break in the weather allows a brief resumption; enough for Coleby to sink a 40 footer to complete his come back from three holes down on the front nine:

Coleby 3 : 2 Davis

Colin YNWA

This tie is toe to toe from a quick scan of the votes so any late votes today can make a big difference - so get um in today and I'll count them up in the morning.

As for me - well this is another case of ask me in the day and Alan Davis would have stormed this. I was a massive fan of his art and he was one of my top five artists on all comics. Well time has past and taste has developed and I've slowly drifted away from my love of his smooth clean line. Simon Coleby's dark sharp edges and deep blacks just seem so 2000ad. But I can't ignore the good times Alan and I shared - though mostly outside of Tharg's realm and so ignoring those bits (Captain Britain, Excalibur etc) I have to go

Simon Coleby 4 : Alan Davis 1

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

I wasn't entirely surprised with the result, but the style of it is a surprise to me. Simon Coleby stormed to an early lead and held it, in fact extended it as the tie progressed. At the end Alan Davis closed the gap somewhat to bring it closer to what I expected. Overall Current Team has struck back straight away after Classic Team battled so hard to regain the led and we're back to a tie in the overall tournament

Current Team 9.5 : Classic Team 9.5

Current Team 842 : Classic Team 929