Main Menu

Simon Fraser or Carl Critchlow - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 22

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 June, 2021, 06:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

The 3rd placed art Dredd in the Current Tourney and his recent work on Dredd and Hershey have clearly reminded us quite why that is. He will of course be best known as the artist who gave us Nikolai Dante but he has done so much more and we are lucky to still have him around. Hey if you haven't check out the Great Dante Readthrough to learn more about his iconic series from the man himself.

I always find myself surprised when I see Carl Critchlow in the Classic side as he has done so much work for Tharg since the Millennium but not so recently. He's the artist I'd be least surprised to see switch side at some point in the future as we gladly see him back in the Prog - get on it Tharg huh!

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Simon Fraser - more info

OR

Carl Critchlow - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Friday 4th June

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

I like Carl Critchlow a lot, but ADORE Simon Fraser.
Fraser 4 Critchlow 1 for me.

BPP

This is ridiculous. Surely both are still current? Nobody would bat an eyelid if critchlow turned up on a Dredd.

I mean I'm bitching because I really like both these guys A LOT.

Fraser wins 3-2

I'm away to huff.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

abelardsnazz

Carl has done some great work via some different styles on Nemesis, Flesh and Dredd. Simon gave us Dante.

Carl Critchlow 2, Simon Fraser 3.

TordelBack

Fraser 4, Critchlow 1.

I love Critchlow's ever-evolving work,  and have done for (checks notes) almost 40 years (Pre-2000AD work acknowledged but not considered)  but Fraser gives me the best architecture, exciting page layouts and the most believable people. I was reading Family last night, and Simon has been this consistently good for years now.

Tomwe

rogue69

DrJomster

Fraser 3 Critchlow 2

They're both pretty awesome to be fair.

That recent Fraser Dredd was gorgeous btw.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

paddykafka

Fraser Red Devils (2) Critchlow Barbarians (3)

(I'm toying with Rugby names for this one. Those of you of a similar vintage to me - and with equally excellent taste  :D - will probably guess why.)

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Magnetica

Carl Critchlow has got be one of the most underrated of all 2000AD artists; his Dredd is great and I'd love to see way more of it. I'm not a big fan of Lobster Random as a character but his art was good.

But then it's Simon Fraser; Dante's enough before you consider Dredd, Hershey or anything else.

4-1 to Fraser

Rogue Judge

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.