Main Menu

Final Solution vs The Bitch - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic Game 11

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 August, 2021, 06:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Last week of the Groups in Qualifying - next week with a fair wind we'll be into the play-off for the final places in the tourney proper

The Final Solution vs The Bitch - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic Game 11

Last two ties in the Epic Region today and all these stories really do define what being an Epic in the world of Johnny Alpha is all about in their own unique ways. Mind only one will qualify and one will make the Play-offs so thinking caps on...

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

The Final Solution - more info

Vs

The Bitch - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 28th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

The Final Solution. Durham Red may be a better character than Feral, but I prefer the politics and pathos of the Final Solution to the jokey tone of Bitch.

Barrington Boots

Finally I can cast my vote for The Bitch. Deeply flawed story but there are some good bits in there: you can say the same for Final Solution but there's less good bits and those that are, are less good.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Timothy

credo

Southstreeter

Final Solution.
Whereas Bitch was fun, and indeed introduced a major supporting character, it's ultimately inconsequential, if entertaining. FS however, like it or not (and I'm still not sure how much I do) is significant.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

Well neither story is in my top ten, but at least Bitch makes sense, resolves its plot threads and generally feels like a potential new start, rather than a dead end that would waste years of John and Carlos's time unpicking to varying degrees of satisfaction. 

I, Cosh

The best thing about Durham Red was the Abnett and Harrison series. The Final Solution
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

One more day and this one is getting VERY interesting - its not going the way I expected at all and I think we might have a shock (well to me) on our hand here. You, yes YOU can change that as we still have a day to vote. So if you haven't do so today and I'll count up in the morning.

Well I might think its a shock if and its still an IF The Bitch loses this one but its not necessarily one I disagree with. Both these thrills have significent issues. One is certainly too long and runs itself into the ground and runs a joke way too thin. The other, well the art is a stunning revelation and damn at least it tries to shake things up and on that basis my vote goes with - what I think might be a majority - though I've not counted up and

Final Solution

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well this might have been a dead rubber but it was still about to throw up a very interesting result. Both of these provide very significent moments in Johnny's tale but one... well introducing Durham Red is incredibly significent for the comic but in terms of the story it doesn't get more significent than the events in

Final Solution

Points    Vote Difference
Portrait of a Mutant         6                  21
Max Bubba                        6                   5
Final Solution                    3                  -8
The Bitch                           0                 -18

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.