Main Menu

Kreeler Conspiracy vs. Top Dog Case - Bolt-01 Cup - Group 1 Game 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 September, 2021, 06:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Into the second round of match in all the groups now and it will be very interesting to see where this leaves us and what gets decided already. As ever some very tight match ups and no more so (I think) than in the opening Group 1 ties

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

Kreeler Conspiracy - more info

Vs

Top Dog - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 23rd September and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the finals here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rogue Judge

Top Dog. Tough vote here, Kreeler is a great story with incredible art, but this time I'll go with Top Dog as it has both Johnny, Wulf AND Dredd, and MacNeil's beautifully painted art.

Leigh S

Top Dog - a crossover that works is rare in itself, let alone one between two giants of the Prog

Colin YNWA

This one might be a tough call (well it is for me) but if you want to vote you need to do so today as I'll be counting up this time tomorrow morning.

Really tough on for me this. Both these stories have a very specific task, that can be hard to do, yet do it incredibly well. By the same token they are very different tales in terms of their scale. I love both these. I think at the end of the day one tackles the harder job of returning a strip thought long gone with bold revisionist history to allow other doors to open and so on that basis I just go with

The Kreeler Conspiracy

Much to my surprise - ask me tomorrow and I bet I give you a different answer!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This one was close, but in the end there was only one

Top Dog

Can't believe I've not done that before (have I???).

This result sets up an interesting final round of matches. The Group seems to belong to The Killing, the key question is who will get the runner up slot.

Points   Vote Diff
The Killing                                 6                 16
The Doc Quince Case              3                 -6
Top Dog                                     3                 -6
The Kreeler Conspiracy           0                 -4