Main Menu

Schicklgruber Grab vs. The Son - Bolt-01 Cup - Group 3 Game 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 September, 2021, 06:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

A tie in one of the opening games of Group 3 means that there is a lot to play for still and this could well become the most interesting Group. We will know more at the end of the match ups.

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

The Schicklgruber Grab - more info

Vs

The Son - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 25th September and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the finals here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

The Son. Controversial perhaps, but I never jibed with the Schiklgruber Grab - a bit TOO knowing for my tastes.

Timothy

The Son, for two reasons. Firstly The Grubergrab was before my time in the prog, but more importantly The Son is a wonderful and touching callback to Wolf and a fitting end to the saga as a whole. Carlos going out on a high.

Rogue Judge

Leigh S

My head says The Schicklegruber Grab, but my heart says The Son

Colin YNWA

Very quiet here so if you fancy a vote there is today to get it in before I count up in the morning.

For me, well the Son goes an important job and while it might not have been known at the time provided a beautiful cap end to the story of Johnny Alpha. However my pick

The Schicklgruber Grab

Is just such rip snorting fun. As AlexF say it can be accused of being too knowing, the thing is that is only an issue if it fumbles things and this one does. Its a 70 kids comic fans fantasy. What if 2000ad met Battle and it knows it.

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So this one was a bit of a struggle. Te sentiment attached to The Son has really challenged the cold hard uber entertainment of Grab but in the end Johnny chasing Hitler... well it of course went to

Schicklgruber Grab