Main Menu

List of series in 2000ad and Megazine

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 October, 2021, 06:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 11 October, 2021, 11:38:04 AM
Anyway, it'll all come out in the wash, and Nemesis the Warlock is going to win anyway  ;)

I like your moxey... I reckon, depending on the draw - and fate will have a cruel and crucial hand here* - Nemesis is strong contenter for a semi place and very possibly final... I think we can all punt on winner... can't we... it will get interesting

*I'm going full random on this one to get surprises and keep it interesting just like the FA cup.

broodblik

Let's not Skip to the end of this but a certain Russian will have a swing at it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Right I suspected I'd be swayed here and here we are. I think for the reasons stated I'm going with the following ruling:

Comics strips - creator owned or otherwise - have to have at least some of their run's first PRINT appearance (to the best of my knowledge) in either the Prog or Meg.

Where a story has episodes / chapters / books that started outside the Prog or Meg but then subsequent episode / chapters / books first appear in the comic they will be included BUT I ask folks (if they can be bothered and can remember) to only consider those episodes / chapters / books that first appeared in Tharg's kingdom for the purpose of this tourney... though ya know how the heck will I know if you don't / can't be bothered!

So that allows:

Lilly MacKenzie
Bogie Man
Numbercruncher
Ordinary
Snapshot
Scarlet Traces

It excludes:

Metalzoic (weep!)
Reprint stuff from Annuals and Specials
Hellboy
Preacher
All the Battle stuff
Sin City
Lazarous Churchyard

Any errors in this will be mine and

1) I hope won't be spotted as they'll be too much going on
2) If they are spotted I'll blag and make something up to pretend it was deliberate
3) I might accidently include Metalzoic on the basis - I reckon everyone will want it in, I can make up something about appearing in serialised form first... its my tourney so NAH NAH to anyone else!

Colin YNWA

Oh one more for now and I promise I'll shut up. I don't think any of Dept of Monsterology appeared first in any comic that is the fruit of Tharg's loins - I'm certainly going with that unless someone correct me as I'm wrong and on that basis it won't appear alas...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 October, 2021, 12:53:50 PM
Oh one more for now and I promise I'll shut up. I don't think any of Dept of Monsterology appeared first in any comic that is the fruit of Tharg's loins - I'm certainly going with that unless someone correct me as I'm wrong and on that basis it won't appear alas...

There was a seven page prologue that ran as a teaser in the Megazine, but none of the two full series did (as far as I know).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 October, 2021, 02:09:49 PM
There was a seven page prologue that ran as a teaser in the Megazine, but none of the two full series did (as far as I know).

I should add: these pages weren't commissioned for/by Rebellion, but I don't think they saw print anywhere else. PJ and/or Gordon might be able to shed more light.

Colin YNWA

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 October, 2021, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 October, 2021, 02:09:49 PM
I should add: these pages weren't commissioned for/by Rebellion, but I don't think they saw print anywhere else. PJ and/or Gordon might be able to shed more light.
The blurb for first trade mentions USA Today and you can read it online here.

I'm firmly in team NO REPRINTS EXCEPT METALZOIC, for most of the same reasons as AlexFunt.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 11 October, 2021, 04:37:27 PM

I know the pages were used for online promotion, which is why I said it hadn't seen print anywhere else... so, technically at least, it's not a reprint.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 October, 2021, 04:58:30 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 11 October, 2021, 04:37:27 PM

I know the pages were used for online promotion, which is why I said it hadn't seen print anywhere else... so, technically at least, it's not a reprint.
Fair enough. I assumed it was printed in the newspaper as well as the website. I guess I was wrong.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 11 October, 2021, 05:00:47 PM
Fair enough. I assumed it was printed in the newspaper as well as the website. I guess I was wrong.

Sorry — I actually forgot that USA Today was a newspaper! I only ever produced one set of print-ready files from those pages, though (for the Meg), so I'm pretty sure that's the only time they've been printed.

Colin YNWA

BUT that story is a one-off so alas it ain't going in here. Which is a shame as I liked this series.

Funt Solo

I'm with Cosh Block - Metalzoic should be the exception that proves the rule, and be included. Two reasons:

1. It's Metalzoic.
2. It had never been printed the way it was printed in the prog, before.*

*This is the kind of argument that makes me think I'd have made quite a good politician.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

I agree with Metalzoic, keep the metal, keep the metal !!!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Black and white, episodic Metalzoic is an ENTIRELY different beast, it defeinitely counts! And the covers were newly commissioned for the Prog, right? So even on a technicality it's legit...*

Funt, I see your Politician and raise you a Civil Servant.

*but it's not better than Nemesis