Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Rick Random vs Bradley - Round 1 Heat 9

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 November, 2021, 06:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Time is ticking on this one and just a day to go so if you have a view you'd love to express get it done today so its there when I count up in the morning.

Rara Avis

JayzusB.Christ

I loved Bradley's early episodes as a kid, and the mad collage-art-and-graffiti music ones as a teenager.  So I'll go with that.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

norton canes

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

which were the strips, down the years, that brought me closest to giving up my weekly dose of thrill power?
big dave. latter day pat mills. and bradley.
sorry. i realise i'm out of step. but it just is.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well these two aren't popular but each has had support here and the result of pretty clear. In the end even a little bit of Carlos art can save Rick Random. It felt quite anachronisitic even in the early days of the Prog, in fact given the tone of those early issues it probably felt more anachronisitic. Bradley has many problems - but damn that glorious art and in the end

Bradley

Get through to Round 2

and to be honest I'd go for that, the art and the fact that unlike RR Bradley was never forgetable means it would have absolutely got my vote.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bradley. He maybe outstayed his welcome, but he had more merit than Rick
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Rick Random. Never read it.

Bradley. I remember the early stories being fun in an anarchic way and the later ones getting  bit tiresome but Simon Harrison.

Bradley.
We never really die.