Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Necronauts vs Timequake - Round 1 Heat 26

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 November, 2021, 06:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Just as you all start to get a little sick of voting on some sub-par thrills I'd dare to say week 4 of this Tourney actually has the strongest line-up so far. There's some real corkers to wrap your head around and some tough decisions to make.

It's just Conan Doyle to the left
And then Houdini to the right
With dark seances on their lips
They use cricket bats in fight
But it's the stories thrust
That really drives you insane
Mind you could vote Timequake again
Let's just read Timequake again

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Necronauts - more info

Vs.

Timequake - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 18th November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Colin, not only are you going above and beyond in running this thing but some great pomes to boot.

Never read Timequake so Necronauts.

Barrington Boots

First one I've voted on where it's not least worst.
Necronauts please!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Southstreeter

Necronauts
I have no idea what Timequake is, but I doubt it's as good as Necronauts.

rogue69

Magnetica

Timequake

But more on the strength of its appearances in Starlord rather than 2000AD.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

jesus redondo, for crying out loud!
wow but this board really has it in for one of the truly genuine all time greats ...

Dark Jimbo

Frazer Irving, for crying out loud!

A superbly atmospheric and original one-and-done versus a four-parter about a time-travelling Bill Savage inherted from another comic? Necronauts walks this one.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 November, 2021, 01:56:17 PM
Frazer Irving, for crying out loud!

Irving was decent enough during his initial 'spiral' phase, but I don't think anyone could have predicted just how accomplished he'd become.
A unique talent - TMO could pursue worse folly than try to woo him back to the Prog.

The pitch for Necronauts sounded more entertaining than the execution if I recall, but I would definitely re-read it before the archaic Timequake.

I, Cosh

Hmm. I'm sure I posted in this thread this morning. A mind-warping mystery from beyond the veil or evidence of a chronoclastic infundibulum?

Timequake is still on the increasingly short list of Prog stories I've never read at all. I'll wait for the Hibernia edition.

Necronauts was my introduction to Rennie's fortean fancies and is resplendent in that beautiful Irving Ink.

Necronauts, by default, but it still deserves it.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 15 November, 2021, 02:49:46 PM
Hmm. I'm sure I posted in this thread this morning. A mind-warping mystery from beyond the veil or evidence of a chronoclastic infundibulum?

Nah I'm just wiping your entries after the whole - not voting for Dept. K controversy!