Main Menu

Selling Digital comics with some sort of physical shelf container

Started by matty_ae, 31 March, 2022, 04:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

I love Digital comics because I'm running out of room.

But they are relatively heavy files to store on a tablet so inevitably they end up on a hardrive and once they are out of sight, they are out of mind.

I would pay more for a Digital version but with the format (presumably memory sticks or even cool looking DVDs) sat inside a hardback spine so I could see them on the shelf.

I know this sounds a but antiquated but the container itself could have extras or art prints.
It's not that different to the Warner Bros releases of big albums like Prince Sign o'the times. You get the download files but a physical version that looks great on the shelf

Rogue Trooper volumes would have to be on three familiar memory chips thought, right?

IndigoPrime

But if you're running out of room, where will you put all these containers? :D

Colin YNWA

Ohhh that is a good idea. I don't download enough at a time for that to be a problem and the amount of stuff I have to re-read physically means getting to them any time soon isn't a priority BUT my solution to keeping track of it all is I use a comic cateloguing app to keep track of stuff and every so often wonder through it to remind myself of anything I want to add to my spreadsheet of reading / re-reading.

The idea of a physical artifact to hold digital storage of stuff would be wonderful. Imagine if the current Nikolai Dante digital sale (£35 all in) included a £50 option with a book like case and the entire series digitally on a Crest shaped USB / storage device... oh I'm all nerd gooey at the very idea.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: matty_ae on 31 March, 2022, 04:46:53 PM
But they are relatively heavy files to store on a tablet so inevitably they end up on a hardrive and once they are out of sight, they are out of mind.

Most of the major cloud storage services are pretty reliable these days and, in the unfortunate event of data loss from OneDrive/Google Drive/Dropbox/iCloud, you can re-download all your purchases from Rebellion at any time, so I'm not really sure I'm seeing a major need for what you're proposing here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

I sort of wish Chunky had evolved in that direction. If I could connect it to remote storage and have it list my collection, and then it would track what I'd read, along with what was downloaded locally, that'd be magic. Organising my digital comics is about the only PITA (other than lacking time to read them all, obvs).