Main Menu

Alan Moore interview

Started by abelardsnazz, 07 October, 2022, 11:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: nxylas on 08 October, 2022, 11:10:56 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 October, 2022, 09:08:50 AM
Quote from: Richard on 07 October, 2022, 09:21:06 PM
Or Ozymandias. There were reviewers even at the time who thought that Moore was in favour of the alien squid plan.

"I never thought the alien squid would wipe out my family," sobs man who voted for the Alien Squid To Kill Your Family party... :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 October, 2022, 09:08:50 AM
Quote from: Richard on 07 October, 2022, 09:21:06 PM
To be fair, Watchmen subverted the genre and ridiculed its premise, portraying most of his superheroes as pathetic fantasists or sadists.

...And the number of comic fans who completely missed this point and, for example, think that Rorschach is the hero fairly neatly illustrates the problem Moore refers to.

I think Zack Snyder may well be among this number, sadly.  Wasn't he talking about directing a new version of The Fountainhead, where an obnoxiously dour, misanthropic rapist is very much presented as the hero of the hour?

Anyway, I've been reading Jerusalem on and off since about January- I love it but my concentration has gone to feck these days.  I'm determined to finish it before the end of the year.  Can't wait for the short story compilation.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"