Main Menu

Blake's 7 to return!

Started by Mudcrab, 28 July, 2003, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

Good news everyone! A somewhat older Avon set to return by the sounds of it...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3102295.stm" target="_blank">Blake's 7

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

"A tentative transmission date has been set for spring 2005, its website says - conditional on "many factors, not least financing"."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah well, never mind.

Matt Timson

Surely Darrow has a triple chin these days?
Pffft...

Matt Timson

And the way he used to say "naturallally" used to really piss me off...
Pffft...

Mudcrab

What? Damn, didn't read that very closely then. Still, should be out before Star Wars Episode 3 :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Art

Mudcrab

Very much so I think. He was in The Strangerers, that slightly funny thing they did on Sky One. Was a bit chubby in that!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

Nah, I used to be a subscriber to the old site Doug, which said prett much the same thing.

Ah well.

Mudcrab

Ah, I see. I'll put those hopes on the back shelf for now then, next to Meltdown Man 2, but before Halo Jones book 4 :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

Yeah, always best to assume these things won't happen and if they do they'll be awful and you'll be fine :)

Lobo Baggins

Hmmm, last I heard Blake's 7 Enterprises were planning on bringing it back as a CGI cartoon (ick) set 20 years after the original that doesn't feature any of the original cast.

Although all they've succeeded in doing so far is repeatedly delaying the release of the DVD boxset on the grounds of 'quality concerns'.  
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Proudhuff

Justin Timberlake for Blake!!
sign here:
DDT did a job on me

Mudcrab

Umm, not sure what he looks like, fortunately.

Ugh, just checked, I'll vote for him being the first federation guard shot by an unconvincing pulse of light in the first episode :o)

Holly from Red Dwarf for the voice of Orac!

Oh yeah, and Kevin Spacey for Villa!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Trout

Kevin Spacey would be spot-on for Villa.

I'd like to see Blake's 7 return, as long as they somehow incorporate a quad bike.

Hooray for quad bikes!

- Trout

Lobo Baggins

++I'd like to see Blake's 7 return, as long as they somehow incorporate a quad bike.

Hooray for quad bikes!++

They'd be hard pressed to surpass the quad bikes featured in the original series - New Romantic space pirates on quad bikes led by ex Kray twin bodyguard Nosher Powell and his brother, Dinny...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.