Main Menu

Space Bastards Vol 2 on Kickstarter

Started by Trooper McFad, 22 January, 2021, 07:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Vol 2 handed in today and its huge & looks gorgeous - 2 A5 prints also inside which I'm sure I didn't ask for.
Yes it was pricey due to shipping (which was efficient and the book was undamaged 👍🏻) but I enjoyed Vol 1's story what it is and the art is pretty good from the tooth droids as expected.
Hopefully this one hits the same standard as there looks as if there's a Vol 3 in the future.
Once read I'll post my review.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trooper McFad

Vol 2 complete and yes it's lacking in an in-depth storyline but it's fairly fast paced and for me it's still engaging enough to merit buying the 3rd Vol (Boo Cook & Simon Bisley are on Art duties) as I want to see where it's leading.

The art and book are "quality man" - Calhabers can substitute a west coast accent. It is a bit pricey when you have to get it from the US but I have to say it was well packed so if the next release is timed right it'll probably be a birthday or Xmas purchase.

Trooper McFad

Well I got the email today and volumes 3 & 4 are available with contributions from Cook, Bisley , Farby & Langley.

These are pricey when getting them from the US and as I posted above these will be an early Present from Santa and my birthday 😁. It will be a gamble as the 2nd volume (story) wasn't as engaging as Volume 1. But I cannot fault the art inside.

🤞🏻It keeps up the quality but with those Droids above can I go wrong?

rpwillis

$81 for postage!!! I ordered 1 & 2 back in Jan and the postage was only $45. That's quite a jump.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: rpwillis on 21 March, 2022, 06:23:51 PM
$81 for postage!!! I ordered 1 & 2 back in Jan and the postage was only $45. That's quite a jump.

Yep I thought it was a bit steep and took it was because it was for 2 volumes heavy volumes but if you got 2 for $45 in January then did they miscalculate & you got a bargain?

Bad City Blue

I've kept up with Space Bastards with the comic releases, and unfortunately it really dropped a bollock story-wise, turning into a comic I read because I thought I should rather than because I enjoyed it.

Volume one is excellent, I'll not be getting any more.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

rpwillis

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 21 March, 2022, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: rpwillis on 21 March, 2022, 06:23:51 PM

Yep I thought it was a bit steep and took it was because it was for 2 volumes heavy volumes but if you got 2 for $45 in January then did they miscalculate & you got a bargain?

Thinking about it I ordered through Indiegogo as the shipping was cheaper. Think it was about $63 on the Space Bastards site. A couple of days later they closed it on Indiegogo!

rpwillis

They are going to be available at Lawless if you are going or know someone who could pick them up for you.

https://www.facebook.com/roy.sharpton.750

Barrington Boots

Nice! Totally going to pick up volume one.
You're a dark horse, Boots.