Main Menu

Started by paulvonscott, 13 January, 2003, 05:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

yeah, pretty much.

Proudhuff

Caballistics Inc- 'Aye Bloody robot yetis' great stuff.
Sin/Dec nice artwork,but too much chat for me,
Slaine: same old insults and messy art, almost back to that mucky 'Dinosty' or whatever it was called.
How good is Dredd!! back on form and the female judges aren't even wearing their high heels (a la Bolland). Good to see a bit diversity in the ethnic makeup of MC1 as well. I've always wondered why MC1 was so white,has that ever been explained? i.e. racist DNA attack? ooops off at a tangent

DDT did a job on me

Slippery PD

I was sure I posted this, never mind, my thoughts

judge dredd aliens; I like this and I kinda dont.  Like whats ging on so far and Flints art...  Wayhaaaay

Caballistics ; Rennie is just to feckin good, no lie detector here, so versatile.  I reckon he could probably write a decent Barbie story if he put half a mind to it.  

sin/dex; crap plot, arts well different, although sin has a mullet.....  can we put them to rest??

Dante; what a great strip this is, whenever a new Dante comes out Im almost always left with a WOW factor.  Like whats next.  As much as I like Burns' art, can we get Simon Fraser back on it  

Slaine; Is it a death for Naimh??  Please not what babe.  Slaine need some direction in life again.  I hope this si gonna be it....

Yer Slippo

Marbles

I think I realise that a lot of what I like about Henry Flints art is the fact that he mimics the 'greats' art on each story he does - his Dredd is very Ezquerra (look at the tiny 'slit' mouths they both draw for Dredd) & his VC's was very Cam Kennedy in style.
I think he said much the same himself in that ximoc interview.
Thats not to say he's not a brilliant artist in his own right of course, he & Jock are the bizzo.
Shakara!
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Trout

"I think he said much the same himself in that ximoc interview."

He did indeed. He said it to me.

He was being self-deprecating and chuckling when he said it, I should perhaps add.

It's certainly an unselfconscious way of working and it seems to produce positive results.

We should look on it, IMO, as unconscious homage to the older greats.

Like Oasis and the Beatles. You can be derivative and still be damn good. :-)

(Except Oasis are a bit shite now.)

- Trout

Art

Somehow he always reminds me of Kevin O'Neil and the Early Simon Bisley ABC Warriors stuff though, even when hes doing a Cam Kennedey or a Carlos Ezsquerra.

JimBob

i think Cabbalistics is the most promising new story in tooth for a long time, Hobbs End and  Robot Yetis, nice. Does the Q in Q department stand foe Quatermass? Good to see that Mr Rennie appears to have escaped the talent destroying Curse of Rogue Trooper.

DavidXBrunt

I thought it stood for Quatermaster (which is what Q. in Bond is short for) but in this context it might well be a development of Quatermasses 'British Rocket Group'.

judge dreddd

you wouldn't believe the s*** week i have had running around like a thing running around

shame, not looked for prog yet, the shame.... will go sit in corner, look tomorrow, or mug kids..

Capt.Zeep

Aye loads o quatermass & Dr. Who refs...has anyone pointed out that the military chappie in charge is surely non other than Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart?

DavidXBrunt

I thought that as well. Or at least I'd commented that it's nice to see Nicholas Courtney in 2k.

karne

"Slaine; Is it a death for Naimh??"

Don't worry yersel Slips, she gets reincarnated as a Nun and a Man.

The Monarch

y'know i was thinking the same thing about naimh (supporting character death will affect the series ect)

judge dreddd

wooo found it !

wicked and more thrills to come soon

kewl reference to 9 monkeys by thargy babe and some good strips - final page of dredd, top right, chin chin... oh yea chin action again.. had to sneak that one in though didnt ya flint !

on yea, star letter, says leave yer comic in waiting room to spread the thrill power,,,,, when...some time ago i advised for this spreading of thrill power miss boudica said i woz mad.....

mind you, i am