Dredd Petitions and other means of fighting for a sequel

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 May, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

Thanks for post ....
Great T.V series  !!

oop's no movie  :)

IndigoPrime

I'd say go to Iceland for the Cursed Earth, although that's what the Stallone movie did.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 04 June, 2013, 11:11:21 AM
You must be hawking those old screenplays for Shoreline Entertainment :

Ha ha, I knew I'd heard it before somewhere, cheers Joe dude, but I think there's a blog with that name as well, must have been hovering in the back of my memory somewhere, still though, it's a pretty good name for a Dredd sequel... or would a sequel have to have a title with a variation or spin on the titular character's name?

There's no way they'll EVER get remotely close to $60m for the sequel, if it ever happened, that number was quoted by Alex Garland of which was needed to go the epic treatment, but a more stripped-down and lean Dredd sequel without Chopper, Satanus, the whole Origins backstory, etc, and without 3-D could be done for around $40m... it might be bloody tight but it could be done!

I'm personally not a great fan of the Cursed Earth storylines, never found them particularly interesting, the Big Meg always was the focal point of any of the best JD storylines, whether they be epic or one-shot, but it would make sense from a narrative perspective in regards any sequel to expand Dredd's world to explore the wastelands outside the boundary walls of the city...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

COMMANDO FORCES

You can ignore the previous and just click this picture  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex